Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cartman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
    No period after going off pill
    I have been on the pill for a very long time (years) and have finally decided to go off it. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not had a period yet. The strange thing is, that when I was on the pill and if I missed even by a few hours... I got my period... now, nothing. What could be wrong with me? I also haven't had sex because I was told to wait until I have a regular period before trying to become pregnant :confused:
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 04:17 PM
    When I went off the pill it took 4 months for me to get my period... every one is different as to how their body adjusts.
    cartman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Thank you for responding. I just got my period yesterday... what a relief that nothing's wrong with me.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Well that's good that you got your period :)

As an added bit of info... don't be alarmed if your period is not normal. Once you go off birth control it is normal for your period to be irregular in flow, length, etc. You may have mid-cycle spotting, you may have longer or shorter periods... your body needs time to adjust to producing hormones at the right levels without the presence of the pill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

Missed period after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex in the middle of November and assumed that I was pregnant and took the morning after pill the next day. I saw some sort of bleeding which was different from my usual periods because it started light and ended heavy it came a week after taking the pill. I did not see my period...

Period and the pill [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: this is probably a foolish question, but I have no one to ask, and my male doctor just makes silly jokes all the time. So, when I'm taking birth control and it's the 7 day period where I don't take a pill and get my period, can I have sex and not get pregnant, or does birth control...

Delaying a period with the pill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm using the Sprintec pill, on the 28 day cycle, and I'm due to start my period on Sunday, New Years' Eve. I'd like to delay this a day by taking an extra pill from next months' supply before starting my sugar pills. Will this work?

View more questions Search