Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Oct 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I am confuzzled!
    Guys are confusing. I need help. I like 3 different guys, 1 of them knows, but the other 2 don't and I don't know if I should tell them because I fear it will ruin our friendship. That and the fact I can never get up the courage to tell either of the 2 that don't know. And tactics? Anyway I wanted, STRICTLY FOR OPINION, to know which of them I should keep closest. I'll probably just keep doing what I am doing but it never hurts to get opinion on the situation so here I goes. I will describe them the best I can.

First and known longest is Oboe (im not using real names)

Is really nice, talks to me everyday and often, is fairly smart, funny, hyper a lot, can be sweet, laughs at my jokes, great smile, has blonde hair, green eyes, and is shorter than me.

By the way, I don't really know how to describe them without you meeting them so I'm doing thew best I can.

OK then there is Tough

Can be really sweet but doesn't show it to most, knows, really funny, nice when he's with just me, used to talk a lot but now not very often, football player/fan, can be protective in some situations, acts all tough at school or rather has a "rep" for being tough/being able to beat the crap out of anyone, hangs out with "mean" people (who surprisingly are acting a bit nicer lately), has red/blonde hair, amazing blue eyes, and is shorter than me as well.

Last but not least there is Hyper

Is nice, talk A lot, is really funny with his super retardedness, wears glasses, has brown/red hair.

Srry about Hyper. I don't know a lot about him yet but he is my friend. Anyway... thanx for anyone who gives their opinion or tactics on how to tell a guy you like them or get up the courage to tell them you like them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Why would you pick? Continue to like all three of them and revel in your friendships!
    sawyera bisiga Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2007, 05:18 PM
    First of all its simple just focus on one of them and stick with him don't juggle guys emotions because in the end everyone loses. Pick the one guy who can make your day amazing but isn't immature, the guy who will be sweet and wonderful to you and even if your in a fight with him he will just talk it out, pick the guy who doesn't allways try to be cool around his friends but isn't a total geek I'm not telling you to choose a certain one I'm just giving you a good idea of a great guy so you decide. :D
    Good luck
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
    What's the problem?

You like three guys. So what? Are you talking about more than friendship, like bf/gf? If that's the case then you should focus on one person. Which one? Well that's like asking us to tell you what food is best. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

That said... uh, you sound closest to oboe... the tough guy might just be playing the part and he might be fine, but if his friends have a history of meanness, don't expect them to change for you.

In the end there no perfectly bad answer here. You try out friendships and relationships. Some fail. Some are great. Some are great for a long time. Some fizzle.

When people are younger then hesitate and fret and worry about every consequence. Well... truth is it just isn't the end of the world when even a great relationship crashes. You learn from it, pick yourself up, and try to do better next time.

Just have fun and be true to yourself.

Oct 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Srry kp2171. I meant to say with Tough I was on the phone and my other friend told him but I don't no how that would work with the others. Anyway thanks for trying.
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Well... I know its hard when you are younger, but generally it's a good idea to be direct. Doesn't mean pushy. But its easy to get caught up in the whole "her friend told his friend that she liked him, then he told his friend to tell her friend to tell her..." crap.

It takes time to get confidence when dealing with things like this... but the sooner you start being more upfront and direct the sooner you'll have the confidence to not fret and worry.

So you tell a guy you like him. If he doesn't respond back in the same way what have you lost? Nothing. If anything, you won't be wasting another minute on him. That's really the way to think about it so you don't drive yourself mad. And understand if he doesn't feel the same way doesn't mean that its an attack against you. Its just differences in opinions and likes.

And then there's the possibility he likes you. In that case you started the relationship with upfront talking. None of this hiding behind the uncertainty. You've set the tone for the relationship. No silly games.

The key is just to not make it all bigger than it really is. You like a guy. He might like you back. Or not. Or maybe you like each other and then you change your mind. None of it is the end of the world or the best thing that you'll ever have. Keep it simple and have fun. If you are fretting more than having fun you're just stressing yourself.

Oct 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Thanks that is good help. I thinnk one of my main problems is telling him in fornt of ppeople or with a lot of people around. Srry about my typos. But still... I can't get him alone to where I could tell him (meaning one of them) and when I try my stomch does backflips. And I don't want to get hurt again.
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
    I agree. Hang in there for a while to learn more about them then see which one is more like you or if you are embarrassed to say that you like them, you can always you know, act mushy-mushy around them until they get the message that you like them (I don't prefer that but try it if you're desperate) or juggle em' until you tire down and decide.:p

Oct 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
    OK but I already know a lot about both Oboe and Tough. Its just Hyper I don't know a lot about. I mean it isn't like I really really like him but I sort of kind of like him.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
    You're making this too tough.

There is no perfect way to avoid mistakes... other than to do absolutely nothing, which is boring as hell.

So suck it up, make a choice, and see where it goes. Its not life and death. Nobody can make the decision for you. You have to own it and do it.

Or you can spend day after day wondering and overthinking instead of acting and experiencing.

Oct 30, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I have made a choice!! I told oboe but... just go read my other question kp2171 and you will see what I mean. And yes it is a bit over worried but still.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search