Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2003, 11:21 PM
    Win95/Win98/WinNT/WinME/WinXP
    Hi there,

I'm actually trying to differentiate between following OS's:Win 95/98/NT/ME/XP.

So can anyone let me know the differences in a tabular form or any site that has a clear cut tabular definitions of the aforementioned. I want to know the differences of all the OS's, so as to enable me to understand the evolution of the OS's.

Thanks in advance and have a great day. :)
    hla47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2003, 09:18 PM
    Re: Win95/Win98/WinNT/WinME/WinXP
    Hi,

Windows 95, 98, and Me are called Windows 9x. These operating systems are intended for low ends (older) PCs. These operating systems are very user friendly and easy to troubleshoot and maintain.

Windows 95 and Windows 98 are based on MS-DOS, while Windows Me is a combination of Windows 2000 and Windows 98. These Operating system can only handle a single CPU and up to 512MB of disk RAM.

Windows NT, 2000, and XP are intended for high ends systems, or corporate users. For the home user, Microsoft also developed a version of XP called XP Home Edition. Windows NT/2000/XP based OSs can handle from 2 up to 32 CPUs at the same time depepnding.

Hope this gives you an idea.

hla47
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 7, 2004, 05:47 PM
    A Google search will tell you all that you'll ever want to know about this or any other subject for that matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creating multiboot in win98/winme [ 4 Answers ]

How can we creat multi operating system in win98 and winme.

Winme and winxp networking problem [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I got (a)winme PC and (b)winxp sp2 PC running a workgroup networking, The question is why I cannot access the file shared on winme fom the winxp PC. I can ping from winme PC to winxp PC but I cannot ping the winxp PC to winme PC. Both the PC can access internet through the same router...

Windows 2000 and WINNT [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal if one really has only one OS installed, and that OS is windows 2000, with service pack 3, for WINNT to be installed on the computer?! When I try to look at the properties of WINNT, the amount of space it supposedly occupies keeps shifting, constantly. However, there are huge numbers...

Win95/win98/winnt/winme/winxp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm actually trying to differentiate between following OS's:Win 95/98/NT/ME/XP. So can anyone let me know the differences in a tabular form or any site that has a clear cut definitions of the aforementioned. I want to know the differences of all the OS's

Upgrade to WIN98 from WIN95 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there How do I upgrade from WIN95 to WIN98 using clean Install CD for WIN98 without formating the HDD, if I use WIN98 clean install CD I get message ask me to use upgrate version of WIN98 (I don`t have WIN98 upgrate CD), how do I bypass this message? Regards Nnn22

View more questions Search