Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Take home pay
    Kim Scott is a waiter at Denny's. In her forst weekly pay in March she earned 120.00 for the 40 hours she worked. In addition, she reports her tips for February to her employer(450), and the employer withholds the appropriate taxes for the tips from this first pay in March.

Calculate her take home pay assuming the employers withheld federal income tax (wage bracket, married 2 allowance), social security taxes and state income tax(2%).

The wage bracket show for 120 $0
    450 $18.00

The answer suppose to be 33.99

I have did this a hundred ways and I can get the answer.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
    try 570 dollars minus 15% ($80) in taxes, the entire amount gets taxed, 15% is low.
    570 minus 80 (tax) minus 450 (tips) = 40 for a paycheck, somewhere in that range.
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Oct 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane in Japan
    try 570 dollars minus 15% ($80) in taxes, the entire amount gets taxed, 15% is low.
    570 minus 80 (tax) minus 450 (tips) = 40 for a paycheck, somewhere in that range.

When I did this my answer don't come out to be 33.99.

This is what I did

570 * 6.2 %
    570* 1.45%
    570* 2%
    570*2%
    Wage bracket show 31.00

I get 97.41

So what did I do wrong

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I loose my home if I cannot pay my bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am $40,000.00 in dept on my credit cards. I got laid off from my job and cannot find another job. I have been looking but it is really hard to find another job. For a while I was collecting unemployment and it was helping to pay the bills,but now that has run out and my bank account it empty. I...

Home equity to pay credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I currently live in a home owned by my parents. The remaining mortgage on this house is very low, leaving significant equity. I have significant credit card debt and would like to be added to the house deed so that I can open a home equity account and be able to claim the interest on my taxes. ...

Take home pay [ 3 Answers ]

Tom Hank is a waiter at the Days Inn. In his first weekly pay in March he earned 120.00 for the 40 hours he worked. In addition he reported his tips fpr Februaury to his employer (450.00) and the employer withholds the appropriate taxes for the tips from this first pay in March. Calculate his net...

Should I pay off my home? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Jose, I'm 29 years of age. I'm a father of three young children. 4 years ago I fell from a roof at my job, I'm now disabled for life :( .I plan to settle my State Compensation case in 1 month, I will be receiving a lump sum of $180,000.I currently owe $126,855 with 6.875%...

View more questions Search