Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogoverthemoon Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Somethings that really turn me off about guys

when they act like lonely can't get anybody like pity me and go out with me cause I can't stand being alone any more
    when they act desperate like they want to go out with you but they act so desperate like they would be happy with Broom Hilda.
    When they act like they are not interested in you a person that really intrigues them and they really aren't interested to go out with you they just want to get to the sex part
    when they act phony like they are interested in you and your interests and they aren't
    when they act loud and obnoxious

Enjoy life. sex isn't all it is cracked up to be at least when it is with the wrong one it tends to cause a whole new set of problems. You say you are nervous and shy...some girls actually do find that attractive and they are probably more the type for you than girls that are just out to get some. So don't settle for less.
    I am 52 and the best years of my life have been the years that I didn't bother with guys or what they had to offer.

Think that maybe when you do meet the right one your night will be more special the very first time around because it is the right one.

I only understand the last paragraph of this by the way, I'm not sure if your having a go at me by starting it as 'something that turns me off about guys' or not? also I have no idea what a Broom Hilda is? please elaborate

In response to the part I got: I'm not looking for THE ONE, partly because I don't believe that there is any one person for another, but also because I don't know how, I wona know how to speak to girls and what is perceived by them as attractive. At some point me and the person I'll 'loose it' to will meet and one of us will have to make the first move so knowing how to do it and 'attract' them will be handy.

Thank you for you're the comment

Oct 9, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    . sex isn't all it is cracked up to be.
    Sorry for this but from what I've heard it is... if not better...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 09:24 PM
    All I am saying is be yourself and you will eventually find a girl that you are happy with. No need to rush just to keep up with your friends. As you say there may be NO RIGHT ONE but there are plenty of wrong ones and bad relationships can be a nightmare.
    You wanted to know how to be around a girl. The turn off thing was just my how a guy shouldn't be around a girl. Basically not acting desperate and a broom hilda means you would be happy to have a girl you would in NO WAY be interested in unless you were desperate. I am not saying you are desperate but don't get so desperate that it clouds your vision. Like another person says you seem like a decent good looking guy. I am sure you will find a girl that is good for you soon.
    Best wishes and make wise choices
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mogoverthemoon
    i only understand the last paragraph of this btw, im not sure if your having a go at me by starting it as 'something that turns me off about guys' or not?, also i have no idea what a Broom Hilda is?, please elaborate

In response to the part i got: im not looking for THE ONE, partly because i dont believe that there is any one person for another, but also because i dont know how, i wona know how to speak to girls and what is percieved by them as attractive. at some point me and the person i'll 'loose it' to will meet and one of us will have to make the first move so knowing how to do it and 'attract' them will be handy.

thank you for your the comment
    Another viewpoint of what they said is those are the sort of ways guys can behave that make women keep their distance. Yeah I'm a guy, and yeah I see guys act like that all the time. And they are almost always the ones that never get laid, they are the ones that are always alone, and most of them completely fail to understand why that's the case. IF you find any of those things to be your situation stop doing them. THere are so many ways to attract women, being genuine and yourself is the best. As long as you avoid the universal taboo behaviors listed above.

A Broom Hilda is an ugly short fat little witch in the comic strips that is always chasing after men but they find her very repulsive, the comic strip if you wish to Google it up is named "Broom Hilda".

Oct 14, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Well I am genuine around girls but they don't seem to want what type of person I am.
    That's why I were thinking of 'acting' more like some people I know and treating them not as kindly as I do.
    I know girls like the bad boy so perhaps that can work? I do understand that changing yourself for someone else isn't good but then again I'm getting desperate
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Like I said don't ACT desperate or turn into a 'bad' guy, but you could give that impression if you think it will work girls do seem to like it. I think you will do fine as long as you stay true to yourself cause I have a feeling you are a really sweet guy that girls should go for.
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Oct 14, 2007, 09:41 PM
    So anyway i asked a question on here some time ago about what woman want because i've never BEEN with one before. I got the answer really that i need more confidence which was true, i'm more out going, run my own job, i jog now to get 'in shape' even though i aint 'fat', and do talk alot and get out more but still NOTHING. My mate (whos no more attractive) and i were at this pub two weeks ago and in no time at all without even talking to her she just came over and gave him her number!! he did'nt do anything!!!!!! What'av i gota do REALLY. So i'm giving it till the end of nxt month, if by the end of october i'm still a virgin then i'm either never gona speak to woman again or turn gay. So other than confidence please tell me what to SAY to woman. what chat up lines have you ladys been told that WORK. please please help!!!
    Thank you
    LOL, you're rant is humorous. Don't worry so much that's the problem. You see we as males must ooze confidence. Even if you don't see it yourself women's capability of interpreting body language is x100 ours. You know even if you don't show it if you are the smallest amount of nervous or anxious they will pick it up. That's a fact. You know what you need is to go to a very public and crowded place with lots of girls for a few weekends and talk to and ask for a 100 girls phone numbers. Even if they reject you I guarantee you by the end you will be much smoother and more composed. Just like learning to play the guitar practice makes perfect.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Having a hard time finding a date with a woman doesn't make you want to be a butt pirate. Totally different thought processes going on there. Plus you would still have to learn to pick up guys... see my point?

Do you have ANY female friends that can honestly tell you how you present yourself.

I'm willing to bet you aren't presenting yourself the way you think you are. It takes a fair amount of skill to be able to objectively look at yourself and spot flaws in behavior.

And Listen to what enigmagnetic said... there is a lot of truth to it.
    Smiley5 Posts: 16, Reputation: 6

Oct 31, 2007, 09:50 AM
    i know girls like the bad boy so perhaps that can work? i do understand that changing yourself for someone else aint good but then again im getting desperate
    Desperation makes for strange bedfellows. BTW I don't necessarily think it is the bad boy women like... it's the bad boy that they think only they can tame most of them like. It's a challenge like the pristine little woman men think must be a tiger in the dark. The bad thing about a challenge is that when you've met it, the next challenge must be even greater for a similar high.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 10:49 PM
    well i am genuine around girls but they dont seem to want what type of person i am. thats why i were thinking of 'acting' more like some ppl i know and treating them not as kindly as i do.
    Maybe instead of thinking about what kind of person you should appear to be (especially being meaner), you could ask women about themselves. Then really listen to their answers. Think in terms of finding out more about how they think, what their values are. Ask where they'd like to be in one year or if they could change a rule, which one would it be. You can probably think of a better question that would start a conversation. Of course, you do have to start talking to them first. But be curious about them as people. I hope you won't stop being kind.

Asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Other Woman [ 24 Answers ]

I have unfortunately been in an affair for over a year now. Everything was of course, always on his terms. He has recently decided (for reasons unknown to me) that he wants out of the affair. I knew it would eventually come to this, but I find myself left heartbroken and angry. I feel like...

Never giving up [ 22 Answers ]

I will never give up. I know he loves me and he will be back. His memories are as good as mine are and that will bring him back. Just watch and see.

Only one woman [ 17 Answers ]

Please help me understand why my husband can't deal with the fact the he has had sex with only me. We have been together for 35 years. He says it is very very difficult. To deal with. We have not had the best marriage and still have problems. I just can't understand why he would have such issues...

What to do about the other woman? [ 21 Answers ]

I'm in a situation where I know the other woman's number, this is how I discovered something was going on, when my husband switched cell phones, and I had access to the numbers he was calling, there were over 100 calls to this number, both ways. Yes, I confronted him, and he insists that they are...

I'm giving up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I`ve been married for 15 yrs.My husband is a very loving and caring guy but we always seem to fight over very small issues then few months back I found out that he had a girl in his hotel room(he is in sales and marketing) and very often travels and when I asked him initially he denied but...

View more questions Search