Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maruthi12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Startup Disk to format.
    Hello all,

Please help me.

I have one laptop as a gift. But the person removed the OS. So I have to install the OS(win98). As it is an older laptop.

As mentioned, There is no CD drive. But it has a floppy drive, USB. The problem is, I have to format the HDD. I need startup disk. ( I visited bootdisk.com site... no use... )

1. Can any one send the contents of Bootable(startup) disk through mail? And
    2. can anybody know Free win98 OS download sites.. without key ( I have Key)
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Some computers, such as Dell and HP have a built in restore feature and don't require a disc.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Test whether you can connect an external hard drive to your laptop then you can boot or install from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

How do I format... [ 4 Answers ]

... and re-partition my hard drive when my computer (HP) does not have floppy drives? I want to reformat so that all the 'garbage', etc.. . along with a scrambled 'Recovery' option are totally eliminated. I've been using the XP Home recovery disk but it installs an awful lot of unnecessary...

Format? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way in MS Word to merge several different articles & have them all the same length? Instead of: This is just an example! This is just an example!

Format [ 6 Answers ]

Please give me advise, how can I format hardisk. Is there a website offering a free tool for formatting disk. Thank you!

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search