Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jatlaw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:14 PM
    How to become Real Estae Appraiser?
    How difficult is to be licensed as a real estate appraiser. I have been told I need to pass a test to become a trainee and then work 2500 hours under direct supervision of a licensed appraier, I also have to log 2500 hours of appraisal work. (That is not a typo--I was told twenty five hundred hours)
    Thanks
    jatlaw
    JRSOBX Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 05:18 PM
    The laws vary by state. Most states require certain classes before you can sit for the test to become a trainee. After you get your trainee license you need to find an appraiser that you can work under. Some states require you to log hours and others are on a point system. Most states are requiring either a college degree or a certain amount of college level classes. After you have logged the appropriate points or hours, you can apply to sit for licensure or certification.

The hard part is finding a mentor.

Do a search for your states appraisal board. They will have the requirements posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he real? [ 4 Answers ]

HE says he loves me... yet, he doesn't ever really express affection... and a friend of mine said that he looks like he has lost interest in me... what's really going on? I know he loves having sex, and he says he would be miserable without me, I answered the same thing... but, I don't love him......

Is this real? [ 5 Answers ]

Data Entry Made Easy! Also where can I go to find out which of these work at home online things are legit? It would be nice for making a bit of money on the side.

Real Estate Appraiser Training [ 2 Answers ]

Due to changes in my life, I'm considering pursuing a license as a real estate appraiser in Florida. Has anyone done this recently? What's good? What's not? What can I expect? Tell me your thoughts, etc.

Jewelry appraiser [ 1 Answers ]

Need a jeweler to appraise a 6.1 caret alexandrite any one know of one

Is it really real? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old. I started to date a guy I meet in college and we were together for a year and a half. It ended beacause I found out he was cheating and laying to me for about 6 months. I am or was a really caring person and I would have done anything for him. He would always tell me he loved me...

View more questions Search