Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Lower Back Pain
    I went to the hospital emergency last night because I was having lower back problems for the past couple of days. My pain is in the lower back. The pain sometimes moves across the back to the buttock. I only feel pain when I stand up after sitting down and when I try to stand, I have to hover over before straightening up. There is never any pain when I am just sitting or standing or walking. The doctor in the emergency room said it must be muscle strain but I insisted that they do an x-ray which they did. She was not very definitive as to the cause of the condition. She said the x-ray showed some irritation in the back and arthritis. She gave me prescription for pain (Vicodin) which I am not going to fill until I see my doctor on Tuesday. I took one of the pills in the hospital but it didn't help. Has anyone had similar symptoms where the pain occurs only when you try to stand up? If so what was the diagnosis?

Check out some similar questions!

Lower right back pain [ 2 Answers ]

When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot Of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Lower right back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my lower right side ubove my cheek, it hurt a lot. What could it be?

Lower back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I've had on and off lower to middle back pain for more than a month... when it's on it also makes my butt feel a bit numb. Heat and/or a Ben Gay type ointment makes it feel better. What could be causing it and how do I make it feel better?

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.