Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkennedy99 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Fence installation
    I'm installing a privacy fence in my backyard. Do you have an suggestions to ensure the slates(boards) are even on the top? Is the a quick and easy way to to install without having to measure each board?

Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Is the yard flat? If so, you could run a string very tightly from one post to the other, then always install the board up to the string height. If you want the post "hidden" then add a piece of wood to the side of the post, then measure up say an inch or two how ever far above the post you wish to have the boards and attach a wood screw there and tie the string on there, then go to the other post and do the same. Good luck, I hope this will help you.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
    We run a string at the over the top post the whole distance of the fence and just attach the board slightly below the string so not to move it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood privacy fence with steel (metal) fence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are planning to put in a 6' wood privacy fence on the sides of our property. We would like to install a metal (steel posing as wrought iron) fence across the front at a later date. My understanding is the terminal metal fence posts would be directly beside but not attached to the terminal...

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Boundary fence [ 2 Answers ]

Some new neighbors have planted some hornbeam trees adjacent to our existing Brickwall. I am concerned that the roots can eventually damage the brickwall, the neighbors Maintain that the roots will move away from the foundations. Can anybody help?

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

View more questions Search