Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azohio96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Computer boot-up
    When my computer starts to boot-up, all I get it "No Signal" on the monitor screen. I have tried a different hard dive, same results. Processor fan is running. Hard Drive is not making any sound like it is booting up. I'm running XP.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Sep 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Was the computer running OK before? Do you get a single beep when you turn in on? Is there a bootup display (i.e. entering BIOS) prior to getting the "No signal" message?

Open the case, and ensure all connections are tight, video card is seated properly, ram sticks are iinserted properly, etc.

Disconnect everything except video card, cpu and 1 stick of ram (if you have 2). Do you get a beep? Bootup display?
    searchingfortime Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Normally the no signal is a message from your monitor that it is not receiving anything from the PC. (it is a PC right? ) If you hear a double beep it means the ram is bad. If you are not getting anything on the screen it means that the video card is: bad, not seated. Make sure that all of your connections (monitor) are properly seated. If you are getting into the loading, and then you get the no signal it could be a boot failure, continue to press F8 and see if it takes you into the bios. This is as far as I can take you at the moment. Have you updated any software or made any other changes?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azohio96
    When my computer starts to boot-up, all I get it "No Signal" on the monitor screen. I have tried a different hard dive, same results. Processor fan is running. Hard Drive is not making any sound like it is booting up. I'm running XP.
    The meaning of the number of beeps vary according to the computer make/BIOS. Here is additional information on how to interpret the beeps, for future reference:

Computer Post / Beep codes

There could be a number of reasons fopr the symptoms that you have given. First, "no signal" on the monitor means that the monitor is receiving no signal from the computer. So the first place that I would look is to open it up and check to see if the video card is properly seated. If the computer is not detecting the video card because it is not properly seated, it may be stopping the startup, and thus you would not move to the next step of starting up the operating system.

The other issue could be a bad power supply. A bad power supply may not stop all operations, but if your power supply has lost one or more of the voltage outputs, it will disable certain functions and can cause the computer to have a variety of systems, and failing to boot is one possible symptom.
    bhavesh1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 02:41 AM
    My computer is PIII boot up continuously within 2-3 minuts. Win98 is OS and when I start its start and than within 2-3 minuts it is restart automatically. Ehy? Please give solution. I repairs my power suplly also.
    Babul Hossain Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
    This is not Power Supply problem, this is may be your CPU or mother board problem or are you install any Anti virus software try to remove from Safe mode order boot from CD and Reinstall or reset your CPU and check your CPU Fan

Thanks
    Babul Hossain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to re-boot my computer [ 13 Answers ]

I really want to re-boot my computer and start fresh... any suggestions on how to re-boot it because I have no clue... :confused:

Computer Will Not Boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario SR1214NX that will not boot. Until recently, the computer ran fine with two internal hard drivers installed, but then I started getting the message "NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL-ALT-DEL TO RESTART". In the past, this meant my hard drive boot order had somehow...

Computer won't boot . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I haven’t asked a computer question for a long time - so I thought I’d ask a really good one: I have an older PC that suddenly refuses to ‘start’. It’s got an ASUS P2L97 mobo w/Pent. II 300mHz; 2 hard drives; 250 w. power supply; and I’m running Windows 98SE. A very basic PC. Here’s the...

Can not boot my computer [ 2 Answers ]

Ntldr don't know what happened but my d drive with my windows xp changed to h Now when boot it says no ntldr Need big help

My computer will not boot up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and have encountered a problem with my computer I was installing Norton Security 2007. I had installed it all and was finishing off with a full system scan - the computer simply stopped and crashed. I tried everything to switch it off without just pressing the button -...

View more questions Search