Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Da Posts: 195, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
    New wiper chattering
    I just installed new anco wiper replacement blades. They are on correct but they are chattering. Is there something I can put on then to operate smoothly in rain,that will not streak window? Thanks,John :(
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by John Da
    I just installed new anco wiper replacement blades. They are on correct but they are chattering. Is there something I can put on then to operate smoothly in rain,that will not streak window? Thanks,John :(
    It may be the glass is causing a slip-stick movement to the blade. If the blades, or wiper inserts, are new, you can clean the glass with Bon-Ami and rinse well with water. The Bon-Ami will clean all types of debris from the glass without scratching and will eliminate the slip-stick that you are describing.
    squackmaster Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2007, 02:16 AM
    New wiper blades will chatter when they are used on a dry windshield. How do they work in the rain?

Sep 12, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Thanks Captain Rich, Will try . Thanks :)
    tommeitz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Also the wiper blades are suppose to flip flop as they come to the end of travel and start back. If they don't then the wiper arm has to be tweak. If they don't flip flop they will chatter on the windshield. LOL
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Clean with Bon Ami and, if the problem continues, try applying RainX. Stay away from RainX that comes with the 1 gallon bottles of windshield wiper fluid .

Sep 13, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Do I apply Rainexx to wiper blade,or windschield?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 04:11 AM
    Once the glass is clean and free of road grime and contaminants, the RainX is applied to the glass just like waxing the body of the vehicle. It's got an alcohol base that fill tiny imperfections on the surface of the glass. Once "dry" it is buffed till smooth.
    It's more effective in a heavy shower and can be "smoothed" after it's been on a while, simply by running the wipers a couple cycles. You'll find the way the water beads off to actually be somewhat distracting. At least I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor Contactor chattering? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been trying to find out some answers for my cooling problem. I have a Rheem A/C unit that as of yesterday has worked fine. When I switch my theromstat to cool I get the blower to start, but the outdoor unit will not fire up. I replaced the compressor contactor hoping that was...

Sump Check Valve Chattering [ 7 Answers ]

I have a check valve for my sump pump output that chatters quite a lot at the end of each cycle when the pump runs. This is definitely coming from the check valve. It's a pretty standard rubber flap type. It would seem to be some kind of vapor lock/vaccuum/suction type problem, but I don't...

Wiper switch [ 1 Answers ]

My wipers will not stop when the switch is in the off position. I think that the switch is not working properly. How do I find a assembly diagram for a 2000 Honda Civic or how can I fix fix it?

Chattering Gas Valve [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lennox furnace with a honeywell gas valve (GSV8204H1006). The valve will make a chattering sound while its open. It goes away if I give the inlet pipe a slight rap with a wrench. The problem is intermittent in that it does not happen each time the furnace comes on. It seems to be...

View more questions Search