Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yed Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Change of address on drivers license
    Why should one change the address on the Drivers license(if moving locally within the city). Is it important? What would be the consequences of not changing the address.

Thank you
    Yed
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
    The license is granted to you by the state. Their regulations state you keep an up to date address with them. It never hurts to be on the good side of the DMV. Additionally, your renewals will be sent to the address on file. If something horrible happens (heaven forbid) and the state police need to contact you, they will go to the address on file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Are Interstate truck drivers federally mandated to wear seat belts? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the correct site to ask this Question, if it is here goes, if not please direct me to One who could answer this. Are truck drivers who travel interstate federally mandated To wear seat belts while driving their trucks? Is there a weight clause with...

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

Judgements on drivers license [ 20 Answers ]

Can judgements be placed on your drivers license?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search