Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deuce Rider Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Two Discs Jammed in DVD
    O.K... I messed up. :o I put a disc in my Apex DVD player, not realizing (in time) that there was already a disc in the player. I now have two discs in the player, and of course the drive won't open. I've taken the cover off the player, and the discs (plural) appear readily accessible; however, I can't figure out how to remove them, or get the drive to open. Does anyone have any suggestions that could save me the $ of having a pro fix it?

Thanks
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Why don't you just consult your repair shop? Because you can probably cause more damage then it is now. If you de-position the lens it can cause unexpected problem;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Yes I would just pay for the pro to fix it for a couple of $, it's a simple enough job but you could do some damage.

How did you manage to put 2 discs in, surely the second one would have resisted a little? :)

If you go to a good honest repair shop, they might even do it for free. It isn't more than a 5 minute job.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 06:55 AM
    The repair may? Be more costly than replacement. Have seen problem before, They physically pulled out with no damage, some were damaged, not sure if damage done on insertion or extraction? Do you have repair shop nearby or electronic friend? And how much did you spend on unit? May be a good time for upgrading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD ROM and DVD RW drives won't read any discs. [ 18 Answers ]

I've tried a few discs in both drives and neither of the drives can read them. It's like there's nothing in the drives. :confused:. I think it might be a problem to do with some software I had installed 'Sonic software'. I have now removed this but the CD drives still have an exclamation mark next...

Unread Discs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Gamecube and apparently, it's unable to read my disc. If the name of the game is required, it's "Pokemon Colleuseum". That was probably a typo. Why is the Gamecube unable to read my disc? Could it be that the Gamecube itself is faulty or that my disc is scratched?

CD/DVD Discs for backups question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a novice. Could someone please explain to me the difference between CD+RW and CD-RW. In particular what the + and - signs mean. I want to buy some backup discs for my computer and I'm not sure which is best. I have a LG DVD/CD multi recorder DVD/CD rewritable drive. It's an LG...

Jacuzzi motor jammed [ 2 Answers ]

I need some direction on this. I am helping a friend with their jacuzzi. When you turn on the motor it just hums. Is it because the water ports are jammed or plugged? Right now the side is tiled and unable to access and do not want to proceed without a good plan. Any guidance would be most...

View more questions Search