Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VictorLy Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2007, 08:02 AM
    How Does Disney Channel Make Money?
    Hi, Everyone,
    How are you? I don't usually watch television very often, but I came across the Disney Channel recently and was wondering how the network makes money. Unlike virtually all other cable television networks, Disney Channel barely has any commercials, and all of the commercials that they run are of their own shows. And unlike such special channels such as HBO and Encore, no special fess must be paid to access the Disney Channel. I do know that they have stars who sell albums, that they do release some items on DVDs, and that they're planning for the third installment of their hit High School Musical to be released in theaters, but how do they make (enough) money?

Thank you,
    Victor Ly
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 2, 2007, 08:19 AM
    I'm sure they still get plenty of money from advertising. Think about it, a lot of younger kids watch the Disney Channel, and when they see something they like they will do anything to make their parents get it for them. I'm sure advertisement on the Disney Channel would have a high fee.

I would also think cable and satellite programs would be paid by cable/satellite providers. The provider gets paid by subscriber, and provider pays Disney for programs. It would be the same for the Science Channel.

Finally, merchandise. Again, if kids see it on TV, they have to have it.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Sep 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
    The Disney Channel has never had advertising. It was one of the only channels I watched as a kid. But you have to think, they air classic disney movies, such as snow white, cinderella, sleeping beauty, etc (or they used to I'm not sure about the current channel) when kids watch these movies they want to go to disney world or disney land. And I know they used to advertise disneyworld on the station. So the Channel acted as one big advertisement itself. But between selling movie/ albums, disney world, disney land, Euro disney, The disney store, staying in the disney resorts (which are rediculously expensive), and going on disney cruises, I'm sure they make enough money to support a TV station.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:40 AM
    With all the products that disney sells is what they are advertising each show they have made money on. Think about it every cartoon or movie that comes out thee are hundreds of products you can buy. Anotherwords the shows are the commercials
    VictorLy Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I think I saw the Disney Channel and the Walt Disney Corporation as two separate entities; I guess the Walt Disney Corporation would be funding the Disney Channel. If Disney Channel were by itself, I don't think it would still exist. They release a lot o their own original shows and movies, as well as have contests, events, and such very often.

Just wanted to state again that, as starduct713 and I stated above, the Disney Channel does not have outside advertising. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie from the 90s on the disney channel [ 6 Answers ]

There's this movie I use to watch on the disney channel... its about this girl and she's in her room and all of a sudden this man comes and takes her to a world with these scary looking monsters in it. There's one insidient where she has to chose which door to take to get home. One is Blue and one...

Old Disney Channel Movies [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one know where I can watch old movies that used to come on disney channel, like escape to witch mountain

What is the name of a movie from the disney channel? [ 2 Answers ]

It's about twins that have magic powers and they go to a mountain and are transported to another world, and I saw it on the disney channel years ago.the twins are adopted and held prisoners in order to keep their powers in control.

How can I make money using my computer? [ 2 Answers ]

Im always seeing these commercials about working at home using your computer. There are so many of them that I have to believe its just another scam. I don't want to be a billionaire, I just want to make as much money as I would at a normal job. Im not really good with computers, but I can learn!...

View more questions Search