Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_45_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 08:56 PM
    1998 Honda CRV stalling
    :confused: Would a faulty fuel pump relay cause intermittent stalling in my 19998 Honda CRV it just dies while going down highway and then restarts so far it is happening more often. If this is it where is it located thanks John
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Jul 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by john_45_
    :confused: Would a faulty fuel pump relay cause intermittent stalling in my 19998 Honda CRV it just dies while going down highway and then restarts so far it is happening more often. If this is it where is it located thanks John
    When it is stalling try and jiggle the key.
    It could be the ignition switch.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 10:53 AM
    . Perform the K-Test on the ECM: Remove MAP Sensor connector and turn ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. Perform test at various times, in order to detect intermittent failure.

. Check/replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. AutoZone will test these components for free. Here's how to remove and replace them yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

. Check/replace main relay. Not exactly sure where it's located on your vehicle. Here's a link, though, that may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post518093

I really don't think it's the main relay, because they normally act up when you are starting a car (due most often to summer heat), not when you are driving along the highway. I'm inclined to suspect the ICM--they are problematic and breakdown under heat. Naturally, you want to be sure the spark plugs, rotor, and distributor cap are in good shape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need codes for 2001 honda crv [ 3 Answers ]

Hope someone can awnser this asap my husband changed the battery in my 2001 honda crv now the radio/cd player/casset player won't work really don't want to take it to dealer will charge up yang. They said it was on back of glovebox its now and dread taking radio out to find its not there either ...

99 Honda CRV audio code [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have recently changed my Honda 1999 CRV battery. The radio needs a code and I don't have this code. I called the dealer to ask for this code and they tell me that they need to take out the radio to look for it and it will be $70.00! UNBELIEVEBLE! Does anybody knows were I can find...

Honda crv 03 [ 1 Answers ]

Were is the starter? Going to try and replace it myself. Don't have manual

View more questions Search