Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richn13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2003, 02:39 PM
    .jpeg photo attachments in Outlook Express
    How do you stop .jpeg photo attachments from appearing in the body of the text??
    These are very annoying, take up a lot of space. They also appear in the body of the email that the recipient gets.
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2003, 08:59 AM
    Click tools-options-send-html settings-and unlclick the button that says send pictures with messages.
    richn13 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2003, 07:21 AM
    :( Thansks for reply, but unfortunately it did not work. The photos still appear in the body of the message.
    sunbird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 10:27 PM
    Need to block the images from seeing in the Mail body
    I am sending an image attachment in Outlook Express.But the attachment is shown in the mail body to the recipant.I need to avoid this.
    I had already tried with the following
    Doing the Registry Edit :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook Express\5.0
    where {GUID} is a unique alpha-numerical string corresponding to your identity.
    Set the DWORD value for "Automatically Inline Images" to 0.

Also I had tried with the same which was told in the same forum.

Both of them did not work.Any alternate suggestions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2005, 05:39 AM
    I don't see how an image Attached to an e-mail would show up in the body unless something was done on the recipient's side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attachments in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

How do I create a file to send as an attachment to my e-mail on Outlook Express 6? I cannot find someone who will help me. E-mail me at [email protected].

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

Outlook Express attachments [ 2 Answers ]

When I receive photo attachments (jpg files) in Outlook Express the photo appears in the body of the message but the attachment is removed by OE with the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail(then lists the attachment file names)" Is this a security...

Opening e.mail attachments using outlook express [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Oulook Express with Home Windows XP I find that I am unable to open some if not all of received message attachments. A warning notice appears to tell me that they may be unsafe. Someone kindly suggested that by selecting FORWARD in the toolbar this problem is overcome. Sadly...

Outlook Express attachments [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.0. I cannot open the attachments that come with my E-Mail. How do I open these attachments. Thank you Fred  NJ USA.

View more questions Search