Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

Jul 5, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Irritable bowel yeah it is hell
    I'm planning a huge move 12 hrs away I have never been lived anywhere else my panic attacks are real bad but now? OMG I have diahreah they call it nervous stomach well for 4 weeks now I gave up on eating its not worth the misery I leave next week. I lost like 10 lbs and can't afford to lose one! I eat and BAM into the bathroom. WHAT can I MAYBE keep in? PLEASE HELP this is ruining my life

Ps this started when I got the notice the owner sold the place I can't afford this
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Has the doctor diagnosed you with IBS ? Because if not, I suggest you see a doctor if the diarreah has continued for more then a week because you run the risk of becoming dehydrated and then there is the problem of not knowing what to put in your stomach because everything comes out the other end !

Here is some help in the interim to get you through your hard spot:

O tackle diarrhea

1. Try taking calcium supplements.
    Calcium is a mineral supplement which can naturally slow down the bowels. One supplement in particular, Caltrate Plus, has become well-known in the online IBS community as an effective treatment for IBS diarrhea. Caltrate Plus is available OTC in the US, or look for a calcium supplement in the form of calcium carbonate.
    Reviews of Caltrate Plus

2. Look into Lotronex.
    Lotronex is one of the newest medications for IBS, and by all accounts it is one of the most effective. It is only for IBS sufferers who are diarrhea-predominant, and at the moment it is only available in the United States. The drug has been somewhat controversial because it was linked to a small number of fatalities, but has been put back onto the market after an outcry from IBS sufferers who argued that any drug will have risks.
    Reviews of Lotronex

3. Watch out for coffee, alcohol, spicy foods and sweeteners.
    Coffee is known to be a mild laxative, and cutting down on coffee or cutting it out completely can only help diarrhea sufferers. Alcohol and spicy foods such as curries can also easily cause diarrhea, and artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol can upset the guts in even quite small amounts. Keep in mind that artificial sweeteners can turn up in unexpected places, so be careful to check labels before you buy.

4. If you've had your gallbladder out, it might be bile.
    Quite a few people find that they suffer from diarrhea following surgery to remove their gallbladder, because the gallbladder normally takes care of bile in the body, and when it is removed the excess bile can cause diarrhea. The reviews of Questran on this site show that patients without gallbladders can find some serious relief through the use of Questran, so this medication might be worth a try if you are gallbladder-less.
    Reviews of Questran

5. Don't forget Imodium.
    Imodium is probably one of the first medicines we try when we get diarrhea, and it does work. I would say that Imodium is to diarrhea sufferers what laxatives are to constipation sufferers - a short-term solution only, but certainly one that works. Don't feel guilty if you have to use Imodium from time to time, and certainly for special occasions it can be great. It's best to use it as a stop-gap solution only, but while you are looking for a longer term solution there's no point in suffering unduly in the meantime.

Mind you I am not offering a diagnosis I urge you to see your doctor, but review the information above

Jul 6, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Thanks so much yes I have had a nervous breakdown in the past I have panic disorder all my ailments come down to nerves. All he did was give me tagament for my ulcers and something for the diahreah. BUT I don't want to LIVE NEEDING them pills. I got so skinny. I won't eat now because I am so afraid of the pain and all. OH dear Lord. THANKS A BUNCH >oh I lost 2 friends in 4 days and 12 relatives in 10 years too...

Jul 6, 2007, 06:02 AM
    And a divorce
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 06:16 AM
    I hope that you are in some type of mental therapy. You can learn how to deal with your problems mentally, so that they do not manifest themselves phyiscally. If you are not already, get in some type of counseling. Good Luck

Jul 6, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Thank you bushg I am and I am not ashamed to get help as my family is ashamed of me.
    I Didn't ask to INHERIT panic disorder ocd and depression!
    Take the anti anxiety and anitidepressants 2 weeks to start working and good part they bind you lol and PUT A LOT OF WEIght on yq doc said we will watch that part as I'm very the tiny,meanwhile my elderly mom says ahh YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS A SHRINK
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
    jaxie you just do whatever you need to to make yourself fel better. Do not worry about others bad opinions, who needs them. Mothers sometimes like to run away from problems they have helped create. So honey, do not worry you are doing the right thing by seeking help.

Jul 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Attn Bush
    That meant the world to me bushg I waited all my life for someone to say that MY DAD killed in a crash when I was 6 her boyfriends living here I got molested she told me if she 'knew mentalness was in DADS FAMILY' she would not have had me. God said that if you touch ONE LIFE YOU DID GREAT on earth and guess what<? YOU JUST DID>>>>>>>hugs
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Okay-you're issues are psychological more than physical-even if they end up physical-you are in the area of high stress-you are in a poisoned environment, your mother is NOT helping! Get to a counsellor ASAP. You need to eat and like you suggested, get off any pills!

I would appreciate you giving us an update on what you are doing after you read this WE NEED TO KNOW where you are at_I need to know that you are getting help.

Cheers,
    Xrayman.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxie
    that meant the world to me bushg I waited all my life for someone to say that MY DAD killed in a crash when I was 6 her boyfriends living here I got molested she told me if she 'knew mentalness was in DADS FAMILY' she would not have had me. God said that if you touch ONE LIFE YOU DID GREAT on earth and guess what<?? YOU JUST DID>>>>>>>hugs
    Sweety deal with the molestation issues. Do not let those ba$tard$ ruin your life. Get any help you can. Your mamma is just trying to cover for lack of protecting you. Do not worry go on with your life, there are so many wonderul people in this world that can help you. AS xrayman said post back and let us know how you are.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:44 PM
    jaxie. Try this product my kids like it. http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/glaceauvitamin/It cost about 1.00 to 1.50 per bottle it has 2.5 srevings and may be good for you since you are not eating well. Everything little thing may help. I hope you like it.
    HannahOlivia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
    I would recommend imodium.. and at the same time would thank the druggist who gave me this when I went to get something that would immediately give relief from irritable bowel syndrome
    2spotty Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Sounds like your irritable bowel syndrome may in fact be a syndrome referred to as either Bile Salt Diarrhea or Happa Syndrome. It's much more common than most realize and results in diarrhea within a short period after eating. One user did post something ab out using Questran which is a bile acid sequestrant. There's another older one and possibly cheaper called Colestid. Both of these prescription medications are used for lowering cholesterol, although they have to be taken in large doses to impact cholesterol positively. However, they may be used "off-label" to treat IBS and Bile Salt Diarrhea and are very effective in doing so. I can speak from personal experience in that I suffered from BSD (was having episodes almost daily) until I started on two Colestid pills a day. From the first day I took Colestid, it eliminated my diarrhea and I've never had any more problems to this day with it. If the medication is going to work for you, it will work within the first week that you take it. You must continue to take the medication however since it controls the symptoms but does not cure the condition.

Best of luck to you with it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need the aritist who sang a song with the words On the dark side, oh yeah. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who sing a song with the lyrics "On the dark side, oh yeah". Sounds like Bruce Springsteen... Does anyone know this song... Thanks.

SAM-e bowel irritation [ 7 Answers ]

I just started taking sam-e yesterday. I woke up this morning with some bowel irritation and bloating. Not real painful just uncomfortable. Will this side effect go away? If not is there anything I can do to stop it?

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

View more questions Search