Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Jul 1, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Guy Troubles.
    I asked this guy if he liked me. He took a real long time to anser so instead of waiting I asked him to a school dance. He said no lets just be friends. But then again, and I want ppls opinions on this, do you think if I hadn't pushed his anser he wouldve eventually said yes? We're still friends but he buys me stuff when he goes on trips and stuff and we talk on the phone A lot! And just today I was talking to him on the phone (because he was going to Branson tomorrow and I wasn't going to talk to him for like two weeks!) and he said his grandps split his garage in half and made a leather shop and he said he could make me something. I didn't ask him to so... im confused. He said he didn't like me yet he plays the part as if he does but he doesn't say he does. Can someone help me? Do you think he likes me? I really appreciate any help I get.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:04 PM
    If he thinks you'd be better as friends, I would leave it at that. Maybe he thinks your friendship is too meaningful to risk dating and breaking up badly. This is a good thing, that means he cares for you and your feelings, and cares very much for the friendship you two have. :)

Jul 1, 2007, 09:07 PM
    OK well thanks. That's kind of why it took me almost a year to tell him because I was afraid he would say no or if he did say yes we swould get mad at each other and we wouldn't be friends anymore.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:08 PM
    It sounds like you have a good friendship, and it would be a terrible waste to jeaopardize it :)

Jul 1, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I no but I REALLY REALLY like him. O well. I've never even had a boyfriend before so I don't no I guess I was kind of feeling left out because it seems like everyone else has had a girlfrend or boyfrend before. Even the guy I like has had a girlfrend before. O well even though I really really like him I'll just leave it alone. That and I rarely tell people who I like because I'm one of those people who are seriously afraid of rejection. Of course I also have too much time to think stuff through. Like what would happen if we got in a fight.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:16 PM
    You shouldn't be jealous of other people. You will get a boyfriend when the right guy comes along for you. Trust me though, they're not all they're cracked up to be ;) Haha

Jul 1, 2007, 09:19 PM
    I wasn't really jealous. I just felt well... like I didn't belong. But I don't feel that way anymore. Well I don't think the right guy will ever come along. Sheesh I probably won't get a guy until I'm 20. Well I want to learn that the hard way.

Jul 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Its not enough just to hear that "theyre not all theyre cracked up to be" if u no what I mean.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:21 PM
    The right guy will come along :) Almost every woman feels like he won't at some time or another, but they usually appear at some time in your life :)

Jul 1, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Yeah I no it just feels that way.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
    That feeling will pass I promise. Just keep your head up. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
    The best boyfriends start as just good friends. If this guy doesn't end up being your boyfriend, think of how much experience you will be getting in learning how to be a friend and how to make a boy feel comfortable with you.

Jul 1, 2007, 09:25 PM
    OK nauticalstar I'll try. That's... good advice wondergirl... but I... well I just really like him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Just be good friends. You can't make anyone LIKE you or even LOVE you. Be your sweet self, be his friend, and see where it goes.
    justinl1234 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachufannumber1
    i asked this guy if he liked me. he took a real long time to anser so instead of waiting i asked him to a school dance. he said no lets just be frends. but then again, and i want ppls opinions on this, do u think if i hadnt pushed his anser he wouldve eventually said yes? we're still frends but he buys me stuff wen he goes on trips and stuff and we talk on the phone ALOT! and just today i was talking to him on the phone (because he was going to Branson tomorrow and i wasnt gonna talk to him for like two weeks!) and he said his grandps split his garage in half and made a leather shop and he said he could make me something. i didnt ask him to so.....im confused. he said he didnt like me yet he plays the part as if he does but he doesnt say he does. can someone help me? do you think he likes me? i really appreciate any help i get.
    It's either 1, or 2
    1, being that he likes you too but just isn't ready to actually go out. I'm sorry for saying this, but he could be liking you but also liking 2 or more other girls as a "back-up plan", or vise versa.
    2, he could be having problems in deciding his sexual identity, but this is only in extreme cases, id say don't worry about 2, its just a possibility
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
    He said "i have a leather shop now, i can make you something?"
    Sounds like an invitation to ask him to make you something lolz, though phrase it in the right way.
    You sound like very very close friends. Good on you.
    If he says "just friends" id recommend being just friends.
    For now, later, it mite grow.
    Be yourself. You don't want him to love some fake version of you, you want him to love you.
    Either
    1#-he has feelings for you, but is a)afraid b)unsure c)likes someone else
    2#he likes you only as a friend a)it might never grow b)it may become something more than friends
    Just be yourself. Relax, don't worry about it. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and each fish that gets away, or doesn't bite, that's one fish closer, to the big fish.

Jul 2, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Thanks people. That helps. I think.
    endless8infinity Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2007, 01:11 AM
    It sounds to me like he doesn't know what he wants. Don't stress. He will figure it out eventually...
    trudiloulou Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachufannumber1
    i asked this guy if he liked me. he took a real long time to anser so instead of waiting i asked him to a school dance. he said no lets just be frends. but then again, and i want ppls opinions on this, do u think if i hadnt pushed his anser he wouldve eventually said yes? we're still frends but he buys me stuff wen he goes on trips and stuff and we talk on the phone ALOT! and just today i was talking to him on the phone (because he was going to Branson tomorrow and i wasnt gonna talk to him for like two weeks!) and he said his grandps split his garage in half and made a leather shop and he said he could make me something. i didnt ask him to so.....im confused. he said he didnt like me yet he plays the part as if he does but he doesnt say he does. can someone help me? do you think he likes me? i really appreciate any help i get.
    I think he likes you but he's scared and why wait for him to work out what he really wants maybe you should date someone who knows what they want hun! Good luck hope this helps xx

Jul 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Because I dotn really like anyone else trudiloulou. Well I do like 1 person but I'm afraid to tell him.thanx for the support endless8infinity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy holding my hand and the guy holding my heart aren't the same? [ 10 Answers ]

I really like my ex still and I have a new boyfriend and he's so sweet and all, but I'm still just so in love with my ex and it makes me feel bad for my new boyfriend.. I mean I told my ex that I still like him and everything but the thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and so yeah I can't...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

Girlfriend troubles [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm john my girlfriend and I have been dating for about 1 year 3 months now and recently I just can't find it in me to trust her anymore.. in the past I caught her lying about little things not very important I didn't care.. back about 5 months ago I asked her to to talk to this other guy...

Girl troubles [ 5 Answers ]

Well here's the story. We aren't really dating yet but I have started to get to know her. We met at work and I was the first one to notice her. At work I'm kind of the most well know person because I just simply a nice guy talking to everyone and no one hates me it's a great environment and well I...

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search