Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanajo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 13, 2007, 08:09 AM
    What is a Pagan
    What is a Pagan? I am not writing this to be argumentive or anything else but to find peace
    Is it someone who does not believe in God? In some religions they claim that it is so but it is not. Does it mean that a person believes in Satan, NO! They do not, they don't believe in satan.
    Does Pagan mean one who sacrifices, No again, in fact they are raised to believe that they should walk the calm path in life, never harm anything or take the blood of anything unless it is to survive. In fact they are brought up to ask the animal its permission before taking it. They are taught the same about taking anything from the land, after all, mother earth must be respected. The natives believe the same, does that mean they are bad people, NO.
    The greeks believe that there are numerous Gods, all with a special purpose of its own. They respect all that is and all that will be, does this mean that they are Pagan, NO.

It is my belief that a Pagan is someone who believes in God, a Goddess (his spiritual wife) and Jesus who we all know is the son. If we are all Gods children on this earth why do we spend so much time pointing fingers and saying that the various religions are 'heathens' because they do not believe the same as one specific religion. Had God wanted us to follow one set way, Adam and Eve would have been given a guideline. Some say those who take lives of others are heathens or non God fearing, I have to believe that truthfully but then again, how does God perceive our allowing our children to die in his name? Ha he wanted this? I really don't think so but then again, I have to wait until I go on to heaven to see him to ask that question. Is it right that a religion will force a woman to stand and watch her child die of cancer or die slowly because it is premature or needs a blood transfusion?Is that a Pagan or heathen, I know its not a Pagan so you decide. In the 10 ncommandments he stated that THOU SHALL NOT KILL. Is not forcing a person to die, that could have lived with aide murder?

My question to you all is this, Did God send a Bible down with Adam and Eve that stipulated his wishes? Did God stipulate that we all follow the religion that his son was born into and in case you don't know which one that is it is Jewish. Did he demand that? Did God not tell us to love each other and accept each other for what we were worth?
    PortalWriter Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 13, 2007, 02:24 PM
    What is a Pagan?

Paganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it somebody who does not believe in God?

It is somebody who believes in many gods rather then one God.

Does it mean that a Pagan believes in Satan?

I am not sure if you mean that they believe that Satan exists, or that they follow Satan. In either case Pagans believe in the existence of "dark forces", but not necessarily Satan. Some Pagans follow the "the dark side", while others claim to follow the light.

Does Pagan mean one who sacrifices?

No, some pagans sacrifice while others do not. Monothestic religions (Non-Pagans) are all about making sacrifices. Even Christianity is about the "sacrifice" Jesus made on the cross.

Are Pagans bad people?

Some are. Some aren't.

Are Greeks Pagan?

If you mean is Greek Mythology Pagan. It depends on how the Mythology is interpreted. And that is a whole subject in itself.

It is my belief that a Pagan is someone who believes in God, A Goddess(his spiritual wife), and Jesus who we all know is the Son.

No, I wouldn't call that belief paganism. I would say you are not far from the truth. However, if that is how you want to define Paganism, I would say whatever floats your boat. Just get to know Jesus and you can't go wrong.

How does God perceive our allowing our children to die in his name?

This is a loaded question, but it has to do with a combination of unconditional love, and freedom of choice. Are you willing to die for someone you love? Jesus did. He died for you.

Is it right that a religion will force a woman to stand and watch her child die of cancer or die slowly because it is premature, or needs a blood transfusion?

Jesus wouldn't do this. And neither would any of his true followers. What would He do? He would probably lay hands on the child and heal it, or give his own blood for the transfusion.

Is not forcing a person to die, that could lived with aide murder?

Again Jesus probably would just heal the person. Personally, I don't want to be hooked to machines in a hospital. Just let me die naturally.

Did God Send a Bible down with Adam and Eve that stipulated his wishes?

No, he walked with them in the Cool of the Day and told them His wishes.

Did God stipulate that we all follow the religion that his son was born into and in case you don't know which one that is it is Jewish. Did he demand that?

No, but Jesus did say He was The Way, The Truth, and The Life. Notice He did not say His ideals was the way, the truth, and the life. True Christianity does not focus on religion or ritual; it focuses on relationship.

Did God not tell us to love each other and accept each other for what we were worth?

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself and so fulfill the Law and The Prophets."

Jesus Christ
    nanajo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 14, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Portal is was cute that you signed off as jesus christ. Not sure why but cute NOT.
    As to the remarks about Pagans. I asked the questions I did because I wanted to see why people see anyone that is not of their own religion as a devil worshiper or worshiper of dark forces. Pagans are anything but. If anything Pagans, follow God, the light and turth. They will not maime or kill, the harm NONE.
    Did you know the biblical belief began with the Pagans. The Torah is but a carbon of the tree of life for the Pagans. Does that now mean that those following Judaisum are now to be seeen as heathen? Jehovah witnesses claim that all that they do is in the name of Jesus yet they refuse all form of life saving treatment for their children. I have watched helplessly in a hospital while a parent refused to give blood to their Child because they claim that Jesus told them not to. I have watched children in the hospital be turned down life support for the same reason and watched as preemies died needlessly for the same reason.

Pagans go out of their way to ensure that their children are given blood, life support or anything else that they need because God, Goddess and Jesus told them this is right. Pagans love life and all that is in it. They hurt nothing and no one. Yet they are the devil worshipers, hmmmmm
    PortalWriter Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Jun 14, 2007, 12:12 PM
    First of all my intention was not to sign as Jesus Christ. I should have spaced my post better.

The Words, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself and so fulfill the Law and The Prophets.", were the Words of Jesus out of the Bible. It can be found in Matthew 22:34-40. I was quoting what he said. The rest of the answers were mine. Oh, except of course the link to wikipedia.

Just because somebody follows another "religion" then me I do not consider them "devil worshippers" or followers of the "dark forces". There are even people who call themselves Christians and belong to the church who do.

For me being a follower of Christ has nothing to do with religion, it is relationship.

I fully agree with you on the blood transfusion and life support. I believe it is left to the choice of the person, or their next of kin.

I just personally don't want life support not for religious reasons, but for comfort reasons.

I do not believe all Pagans are devil-worshippers, and I call myself a Christian. And who knows perhaps in some circles I would be considered a "pagan" too. And I definitely do not worship the devil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search