Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 4, 2007, 01:20 PM
    The hair removal products out there are not meant for skin as sensitive as that of the genitalia. It will burn/sting A LOT, and I recommend avoiding it. If someone wants to shave, using female safety (comfort) razors and female shaving cream is the best, as those products are meant to be used on sensitive skin (such as inner thigh) and will make shaving a good experience.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCrash
    At least shave your balls guys, C'mon!
    Totally shaved as well. Wife didn't like the idea of her shaving when we first got married... Told her I much preffered if she did and asked her if she would if I would... the fact I did for her got her past her initial resistance... now I keep it that way not just because she gets upset if it grows out, but I think if feels better when its smooth.
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Ok, Here's my Answer from personal experience,

I am 13 years old and the first time I Shaved was about a month ago. It Itched like mad so I didn't shave any more. Recently I got a new girlfriend. So I went through making sure I was all nice and clean and smelling nice (the usual when you get a new girl, got to spend a lot of time on your appearance). Then I got to the goods... I really wanted to make sure I was up to date... so I shaved my pubes hoping to get a better outcome then last time. Well it was the same old itching and burning and scratching. I don't know if this is something you have to deal with every time you shave or what. I know it wears of about a week after you shave, but by that time you got to shave again. So when I shave I do it in the tub with really warm/hot watter, but I still get little red bumps. I really would like answers and help. I use a normal manual razor and I use shaving cream after I let my goods be in the water for about 2-3 minutes. O and I am a guy lol.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Trick is much like how you would do your face. In fact even after 30+ years of shaving my face is still more sensitive that down their. I find a good Gel to be better than a shaving cream, Use a good razor. I Like the Mach 3 but Currently use a Fusion 5 blade, a dull razor will tear your skin up as well as I find disposable razors to do, avoid those. I spread the gel around after each stroke, never do multiple passes over bare skin, downward angle strokes, side to side in each direction BEFORE doing an upstroke. Going directly to upstrokes will scalp you like you are seeming to describe.
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Scalp me... wow that sounds harsh.. thanks for the tips
    needa-lil-help Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Its doesn't really matter what you do as long as ypu feel comfortable xx
    steffy_bear Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Jun 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I think it is perfectly fine to do it. The fact that most guys like their girls to have no hair in their lower areas and they are wild and gross isn't fair. They should at least return the favor. I personally think hair is gross and I don't like it anywhere. The only thing is if you are going to shave you have o make sure it is daily or else it is just gross and stubbly... lol eww.
    But yeah it is fine, I like it that way.
    Soccer123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Im about to turn 17, and I had trimmed my pubs once in the past but then allowed it to grow back. Now that summer is here and soccer is starting I said "Hey imma shave everything down there, because I thought less hair= less sweat." So its been about 2 days since I shaved and its really itchy now, I have some red bumps but not too much but it really itches under my balls. The hair is starting to grow back already and is very grain and short and maybe is poking my skin. I have a soccer practice tommrow and I need some advice, is there anyway to make the itching go away so I won't die at practice. Or should I just shave again to make it very smooth?
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Shave every other day and keep it that way. Just use a good gell (better than foam), ALWAYS use a good razor, not a disposable (likely reason for the bumps from scalping)... never pass a razor over bare skin without gel, I smear it around after each pass. Also wash well before shaving.

Jun 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Ok so your saying that I should shave it again?
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Yes... never use up strokes until last. Side to side, downward diagonal in both directions then up strokes smearing shaving gel between strokes. I keep some on one palm while doing so. This avoids the red bumps you describe. Has for me anyway.

I use a Fusion 5 blade razor, The Mach III is almost as good. Avoid any disposable razor... any of them will cause this.

Jun 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Yea so I did what you just said, but I did it wrong I didn't use the razer at an angle and instead of avoid thoese red bumbs I got more and I made a few cuts as well. So now am back to square one, what I really need is a solution that will get ride of the inch temporally so I can particpate in my practice tmrw.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Well if you managed to tear things up like that you do need to give it a rest for it to heal. Luckily that's only going to be 3-5 days of any real discomfort.
    stevie123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Hello I'm a 16 year old female and I thought I should throw my opinion out there.
    I personally don't like hairy men - and I mean hair anywhere so for me a guy that shaves everywhere including between his legs is perfect for me.
    But then again some people don't like guys without hair and prefer a jungle it is all a matter of personal preference - it doesn't make you any more or less of a man for shaving your groine area.
    You just have to make sure you do it as often as your can because stubbly regrowth isn't nice :)
    But apart from that if you feel happier doing it - do so , and there are girls out there that like it better - they just don't reli want to say
    Hope this has helped
    Stevie
    X
    Dave987 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Hey, I'm a 15 year old male, and I don't have a clue what to do about shaving my groine area. Should I or not? Please explain why!!

I'm really confused about it.. all I know is that my mate did it once and he was itching for about 2-3 weeks, and he looked in pain lol.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
    You have to trim it as short as possible first before ever picking up a razor. And its personal choice. I find it much cleaner and easier to clean as well as less itchy in hot weather IF and only IF you keep it that way by shaving no more than every other day.

Its something you want to do and keep and not let go for a week between upkeep because then you will be prolonging that day 3 through day 5 itchy period. Otherwise don't do it at all.

Jun 21, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Thanks man, ill give it a good think.. like shaving.I statrted and I cba now lol. :p
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 04:40 AM
    You'l learn the technique fairly quick, what gets you smooth without getting razor burn. Much like you learned shaving your face. There is definitely a right way and a wrong way to do it.

Practice makes perfect. And don't worry, every so often I manage to do the same thing. About once a year. So even with experience you still manage to do that by accident every so often, I guess it helps you remember to pay attention.
    smiffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by desii
    okay this might be werid to ask ill ask anywayz

im 15 and i shave my pubic hair. i started about a yr ago. now i dont kno if girls like it when a guy does that or no. i do it for two reasons. 1. it keeps that area clean and it doesnt itch. 2. my looks bigger lol.

now i dont get why some guys get all crazy when they find out a person shaves that area. whasts soo wrong about that? i mean its not that bad...does it make me less of a man? i dont see how that would be but does it?

also do girls like it when its shaved or they want a jungle going on down there?
    I am also a guy of similar age and been thinking a about shaving, the thing which worries me is that it will grow back thick and darker like when you shave facial hair etc...

I think that maybe just a trim would be suitable... But I'm not shaw... Would trimming it with sharp scissors cause any side effect ts such as the hair growing back thicker or darker...

Also, I do not know what my girlfriend would think, she shaves, but this is much more common for woman...

Im thinking just a trim will do..

Jun 24, 2007, 03:52 AM
    I'm strongly considering trimming, much better, but it won't grow back darker or thicker.
    Trimming more suitable as it means you do have some hair down their, which is always (in my view) better than none.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic hair [ 23 Answers ]

Hi! I am now 14 and I am just wondering what guys lik better! Trimmed All of it gone Or what I don't no what to do :confused: :confused:

Shaving pubic hair? [ 44 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 and I've been thinking of shaving my pubes... I don't really like how hairy it is down there, I even have hair on my balls, is that normal? If I shave it is it true it will come back thicker and darker? Please reply :)

HELP! Pubic shaving rashes ICK! [ 4 Answers ]

OK I am totally desperate for some good advice here because this problem has been ongoing and totally frustating... so hia goes! OK I'm a young woman and have often shaved or waxed my pubic region for special occasions - usually its a trim to keep things neat - anyhow no matter what shaving...

Shaving pubic area? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid of pubic hair. Can I use just a razor, shave cream or oils? What about razor burn? Isn't the hair too course? I've always shaved with just a razor but Im afraid to use a razor for the whole area.

More about shaving your pubic hairs... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey... I am just 15 and I shaved my dick and balls for the first time the other night. I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I just think I wan't to let it grow out and not shave. But I am really worried about if it will be a lot longer than before or really dark or more bushy than...

View more questions Search