Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2007, 12:25 AM
    My focus is NOT on studying.I feel anxiety & fear
    I want to know how to get focused again. I am trying to study for my real estate license. I took the one month course August 2006. I paid for it. I have to take a prep today course and a week later I am told to take the state exam. I have put it off obviously. I need to take it before August this year otherwise I have to pay $500.00 again. My husband has big visions for us as a family and I want it for us too, but I am bored with it. Especially the math stuff. Anxiety.

Help me get off my butt and get motivated again. Obviously the Obvious approach is NOT working. Any alternative suggestions?l
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Get off your butt! It is your choice!

I procrastinate and procrastinate. I feel fear and anxiety also about things that I want to accomplish. If we didn't feel the fear and anxiety, we might not try as hard to accomplish the things that we want to do. One of the things that I have hanging on my refrigerator is a cute little thing that says, "I'll stop procrastinating, tomorrow!"

Again, it is your choice.

One thing that helps me when something is keeping me from the task that I really need to be doing is to say to myself about the thing that is keeping me from doing what I really need to do is: "Am I in control of this, or is this in control of me?"

I would also focus on the good things that are going to happen once you do get that license. Dream for the future... Make those dreams a reality...

Math a problem? Turn those scars into stars!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 12:41 AM
    If you have any questions about the math stuff, or wanting ways to make it more interesting for you concerning the math, then I am sure that there are people here who can help you with that!

There are at least a couple of people on this site who are brilliant with math.

Everyone here wants you to succeed at what you are trying to accomplish. You need to want you to succeed too!
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Jun 7, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mango7777
    I want to know how to get focused again. i am trying to study for my real estate license. i took the one month course August 2006. I paid for it. i have to take a prep 2day course and a week later i am told to take the state exam. i have put it off obviously. i need to take it before August this year otherwise i have to pay $500.00 again. my husband has big visions for us as a family and i want it for us too, but i am bored with it. especially the math stuff. Anxiety.

help me get off my butt and get motivated again. obviously the Obvious approach is NOT working. any alternative suggestions?l
    I have ADD which means I can't concentrate. So I've learned how to cope. I found by switching subjects whenever I get bored I actually get stuff done. So I would study the math until I got bored and then switch to another area and then another and then back to math. For whatever reason this keeps me from getting bored. This is how I got through college. Just a suggestion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Focus Vibration [ 1 Answers ]

What can cause vibration when engine is running, without vehicle moving. Feels like it's caused by the engine, motor mounts, etc. No noise and doesn't get heavier once you drive. Thank You

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

I feel worthless, do I have anxiety? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I don't want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things...

Studying in US [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Frenz, If anyone can quench my thirst of knowledge about how to pursue education in US with financial aid and education support.How can I get teaching Assistantship for pursuing PhD in structural dynamics in civil engg.pls guide me Thanks in advance, Regards

View more questions Search