Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 22, 2005, 02:00 PM
    Warning - scary url sponsor
    When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to

"Disturbing Horoscope
    warning: very freaky scary"

While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on.

That took me to a page that required birth details and also a cell 'phone number.

I was suspicious that letting them call my cell 'phone cold prove costly to me, as it is probably a premium number that makes a charge to my account.

I tried to close the page, but ti would not let me, demanding a cell 'phone number to continue.

I hit alt+ctr+ del, and was told that I could not end the program through my program manager because this URL was trying to contact me. This is nothing more than commercial fascism.

I collapsed all the web programs I had open.

Please be warned.

If anyone knows how to notify management of the kind of sites they are sponsoring, please let me know.

It is SCARY all right!

MORGANITE

:eek:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2005, 03:22 AM
    I've tried to reach AskMe Admin a few times over the past month, but can't get logged in to that area.

I glanced at the Member list and see that psi42 is one of the Moderators. Maybe he/she might like to hear about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know what to do... PLEASE HELP... (warning this is complicated) [ 14 Answers ]

OK, so I am very new to the whole "relationship" scene, I am 20 yrs old and just lost my virginity a month ago. I am a late bloomer yes, but I honestly wanted to wait to do the deed with someone I deeply cared about, and I can honestly say that I was falling in love with the girl I was with. The...

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

What company can sponsor H1B? [ 0 Answers ]

What company can sponsor H1B? I asked attorneys about this, and they said that any company can sponsor H1B, but how about the followings? LLC sole proprietorship LLC partnership (taxed as partnership) LLC (taxed as corporation) Can they all sponsor H1B?

View more questions Search