Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsu4549m Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Cash for financial statements
    This should be simple but I can't seem to get it.

Which of the following is not considered cash for financial reporting purposes?
    A petty cash funds and change funds
    B money orders, certified checks, and personal checks
    C coin, currency, and available funds
    D postdated checks and IOUs
    omsailogistic Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Think Logically

(a) and (c) are actual cash or cash equivalents therefore included in financial statement

(b) is not actual cash but can be realized in cash i.e. cash equivalents required to be included in financial statements

Now we have no other choice EXCEPT (d), is not cash or cash equivalents.

Postdated cheques are nothing but a signed paper like bills written with IOU's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial statements [ 1 Answers ]

Given this info, I have to prepare the 4 financial statements, income statement, statement of cash flows, balance sheet, and statement of stock holders equity. XYZ started a business contributing $6000, they borrowed $2000 from the bank on March !st, the note is a year, 12% note, principal and...

Who are the internal and external users of a company's financial statements?

Financial Statements [ 1 Answers ]

Who are the internal and external users of a company's financial statements? For what purpose do they use this information?

Financial Statements [ 1 Answers ]

List accounts in Classified Balance Sheet, Retained Earnings and Income Statement. Show Examples Please

Selected amounts from H&B co. info system appear as follows: Cash paid employees for salaries and wages=300,000 Cash collocted from sales customers=1,850,000 Bonds payable=500,000 Cash=150,000 Common stock=60,000 Equipment=840,000 Prepaid insurance=30,000 Inventory=250,000 Prepaid...

View more questions Search