Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latizzle18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Is something wrong with my baby
    I am 5 months pregnant and for the last couple of weeks I have been have really bad stomach pain on a scale of 1 to 10 it is a 20 I went to the er the diagnosed me with esophagitis <thatis basically heart burn 1 I have kjnoe pain in my chest only in my stomach 2i look ed up esophagitis on the internet and I have no symptoms at all 3 I talked to every women I know with kids and they said they never experiened heart burn like that , so I am asking for some help please . It always starts with a little oain in my chest around 4 am then shots to my stomach an hour it is very painful. Words can not explain . Is not heartburn.. malox tums does not work some one plez help me :(
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 05:39 AM
    First of all, severe gas can cause chest pains, and shooting pains in your abdomen, it happens. Secondly, why have you not been to your OBGYN with this issue. Call your OBGYN and tell them your symptoms. They will probably want you to come in, and will check the baby's heartbeat or do a sonogram. I would lean more toward Gastritis than Esophagitis, but that is just my opinion. I am not a doctor, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I urge you to see your OBGYN and your regular doctor, there are tests they can run to pinpoint the problem.
    latizzle18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyviper
    First of all, severe gas can cause chest pains, and shooting pains in your abdomen, it happens. Secondly, why have you not been to your OBGYN with this issue. Call your OBGYN and tell them your symptoms. They will probably want you to come in, and will check the baby's heartbeat or do a sonogram. I would lean more toward Gastritis than Esophagitis, but that is just my opinion. I am not a doctor, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I urge you to see your OBGYN and your regular doctor, there are tests they can run to pinpoint the problem.

I did speak to my docter over the phone and she told me hurt burn but I do not have a appointment until the 5 of June so I guess I will have to wait it out , but it is not a shooting pain it is more like some one is squezzing my insides and won't let go
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Go and make an appointment and demand your dr's time. If this is something that your worried about hurting your child don't take the risk. Make your dr listen to you. It will in the very least put your mind at ease...
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Then perhaps have your doctor check your gall bladder too, as a lot of women develop gallstones during or after a pregnancy.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Have you been having any of these symptoms?"mild flu like symptoms, headaches, muscle aches, fever, nausea and vomiting."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

My baby [ 2 Answers ]

My baby is 8 moths old now.last month when she was 7 months old ,her breath started to smell very bad.we went to doctor and she told us to give her water to clean in her mouth after she eats her meal.we did it but nothing changed.we thought it smells bad because she is hungry but we tried it and...

View more questions Search