Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

May 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Who is she to judge me?
    We were at a family function and roasting marshmellows and there were three children there and my son, Well the children were saying something about hating a dead rabbit and I asked what is that going to do besides piss off the rabbit. My aunt told me to watch my mouth and set an example, then she went on to say no wonder your son talks the way he does. I got very upset and walked down to my mothers... I understand that I shouldn't have said piss (although there are worst things I could say, that they have said in front of the children) but who is she to tell me that my son talks bad? For one he can barely talk, for two she has only seen him twice in the two years he has been here. I am so upset right now. I am good mother. My question is how should I handle this? Should I just let it go, or should I talk to her?
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 24, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Robertsqueen,
    I have seen several of your posts here that have dealt with family issues. Your family of origin (parents). Unfortunately it seems that you are trying to make a dysfunctional relationship seem normal. I too had a tenuous past. Sometimes you have to look at what you DO have control over. Your family is not going to change. You can choose to keep doing things the same way and get the same result or try a different path. Maybe your family is not where you should be spending most of your time. It seems this just allows them to continue various forms of emotional abuse. I know how hard it is to see that... to face it... to know that they cannot possibly love you the way you love your son and behave the way they do. You can choose to create your own family. Not accept their abuse, show your son a different way, involve your friends/husbands family in your life more. There is no simple answer. You will continue to hurt at the loss, the past hurts, etc. however you will also start getting healthier/stronger. Ask yourself if you would allow your son to be treated the way you are being treated. As I am sure the answer will be NO... make choices to take better care of you. After all... you have to be the driving influence in a little boy's life. Take care. Cathy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Citizenship judge [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a permanent resident of Canada,after the citizenship test,the judge asked me to prove my residency by tons of documents.I diden't know that I need to prove it.I came Canada by marriage,after one year since my arrival we divorced.I 'm a doctor but I don't have any jub here because they don't...

What will the judge say [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad has been fighting for custody of my son we now have joint legal custody but I have physical custody of my son... I will be getting married this year but my fiancé is in the military and is stationed in killeen tx what can I do to make sure I can take my son with me?

Television Judge [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to think of the name of the Judge on a TV show who was also a referree in numbers world championship boxing fights. I think his first name was Myles. What is his last name? Thank you

How Would A Judge Rule On This? [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago I loaned money to a friend with agreed upon terms ($55K,13%,4 yrs). He even drew up the promissory note specifying that for my quarter percent interest in the business, I was to receive a quarter percentage of the net profits. His business is very profitable (he has purchased a new...

View more questions Search