Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 16, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Buying a home with no air
    I live in Tennessee and we are looking at a nice 4bd 2bath home. It currently only has places for wall cooling units. I don't want to have to adjust a unit in every room of my soon to be home on a daily basis. How much would it cost to put in central heating/cooling? The house is between 2000 and 2400 sq ft. It has an attic and a crawl space under the house. We will be doing some renovation work to it before we move in. If we can't install the central unit what would other options be for keeping the house cool/warm? And what should we look for in cost? What are some good questions to ask about the company that does the work... etc..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I suggest you get some quotes on the central air conditions you want from reputable dealers in your community, possibly by recommendation or the yellow pages would be a good place to start.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Myth, call the local electric company in Fayette County. Here in Tipton our company does this and just adds a % to the monthly bill to do this.

Here's a start for you:

Town of Somerville Utility Department
    P.O. Box 909
    13085 North Main Street
    Somerville TN 38068-1305
    Phone (901) 465-7300
    Fax (901) 465-7320
    Serves the city limits.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 16, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Thanks... I really appreciate it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 09:27 AM
    What are friends for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying A Home [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were going to buy a home we did all the paper work and we had applied for a loan for the purchase of this home the closing was also set but the loan wasn't finished going through the process due to us not being able to able to get some paperwork that the loan officer needed, so we...

Getting out of lease when buying home [ 3 Answers ]

Someone told me that if you purchase a house in the state of Maryland that legally, the landlord has to let you out of your lease. Now of course this seems too good to be true. I have the opportunity to purchase my mothers house in a few months and am trying to do my homework well before hand. ...

First time buying a home [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother looking to buy my first home any ideas on where to start?

Buying an out of state home [ 1 Answers ]

I will be relocating to NC from VA for my job. I am planning to purchase my first home there. My daughter will need to be there before my relocation. Will it be possible for me to purchase this home while I am still living in VA? I also have a ch. 7 bankruptcy that will be a year old at the...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search