Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Bump or tummy?
    I am 5 weeks along, on my 4th pregnancy. I just quit smoking a week ago tomorrow. I have already started to develop a bit of a tummy. I can't button my pants anymore and have moved to the schnazzy elasta-jeans... My question is this. I have heard about women getting bigger more quick with second or third pregnacies, but this seems a little soon... I had my first child almost 4 years ago (didnt show until 15/16 weeks), was a surrogate 2 years ago (didnt show until 18 weeks), and was pregnant for 8 weeks last year... wouldnt enough time have passed that my muscles wouldn't be so lax? Im just concerned, because I was really hoping to make it at least until july/august before having to do any maternity shopping. My doctor won't see me until 10 weeks, so I don't know if I'm really farther along or carrying multples... Or could this be from ending my smoking addiction? It isn't really fatty weight though, it definitely feels like a baby bump... if you have had this happen please let me know...
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Maybe its just bloating... *hopes* ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Well, you know what I am going to say!! LOL

Every pregnancy is different.

It could very well be because you quit smoking. You know what they say about quitting and gaining weight.

I was different with all 4 of my pregnancies. With my girl who is now 13 I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 4 months along (long story there as to why) and with my last one who is now 5 I was showing, rather largely actually, at 3 months. So, it just may be your turn to show early.
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 4, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I started showing at around what I thought was 8 weeks. As it turned out, I was really 12 weeks along. Is there a chance that you are further along then you thought? Also, I get so bloated just from my period, so with pregnancy, it hit me double. I'm 7 months along now, and I look like I'm about to pop!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 09:20 AM
    I know J_9, I have said it once or twice myself. :) I guess it could be the quitting... I have been eating everything... Im thinking IM farther along... but like I said, my doctor won't see me until I am ten weeks according to the HPT... soo. I just have to wait. It just threw me off yesterday when It hurt to button my jeans and I finally just gave in and put on the below belly elasta-jeans.

My mom thinks I'm just showing early due to my weight (125, and 5'10"), I am around 40 lbs lighter than the start of my last pregnancy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Yes, your pre-pregnancy weight can be a big indicator as to when you are going to show. I agree with your Mom's answer here. She sounds like a smart woman.
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 09:25 AM
    LOL... well after 6 kids and 15 grandkids, I think she could wright a few books... Lol.:D
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

May 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I'm 10 weeks and starting to show already, and this is my first! I'm sure a lot of it has to do with being bloated. If you don't want to buy maternity clothes yet I suggest getting a bella band. I have one and they are great for holding up pants that you can no longer button or zip. I wore mine yesterday matter-of-fact! I was quite surprised to see that I am showing already. I'm slightly overweight, put on about 8 pounds before I even knew I was pregnant, and have since lost about 4 of that (wasn't trying). I think you can still get away with not buying maternity clothes until June. It's only a month away!
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I have never heard of the bella band... is it similar to the below belly maternity pants?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Red bump-white bump in labia minora [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated. In...

How to reduce my tummy [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am 25 yrs. Old and want to reduce my tummy.Which exercises should I de and what kind og diet plan should I follow?? I also do skipping in the morning... . Help me out in reducing my tummy.. :(

Tummy hurt [ 2 Answers ]

My stomach is so sore. It feels like I have been doing sit-ups forever. Is this normal after taking provera and clomid? Again... I took provera from feb 3 until feb 14 (12 days). On the last day of provera I got my period. On the 3rd day of AF I started the clomid 50 mg for 5 days. My AF ended on...

Tummy flu [ 1 Answers ]

What's best medication for a tummy flu? How good is Oseltemuvon capsule?

View more questions Search