Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eph9011 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
    My first time on a gym.
    Man, I went there, for the first time ever I stopped wasting my time as a couch potato and did my thing, it hurts, I did smaller weights on everything that had small weights and even got a bit dizzy on the treadmill... I feel pretty weak, hahaha... my chest hurts quite a bit and I can't even stretch my arms or move them all the way up, it hurts so freaking bad, guess it was a bad mistake for a newbie... what should I do to ease this pain a bit besides getting off the damn PC?
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 08:41 PM
    U should keep doing it your body is sore beocuse u probably haven't used most of thoes mucels in a long time
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Advil, works pretty good. Try to stick with the weight machines, and tread mill for a little while. Eventually you will be getting stronger and able to do more. But I am not sure that overdoing it will produce results any faster.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Hahaha. I couldn't help but laugh at the title of your thread. My first time "on" a gym...

Good work though. Keep it up. The best thing for the soreness is to go again. It is just your body telling you that they haven't used them muscles in a while and it doesn't want you to over do it.

So perhaps next time you go you can target some different muscle groups and give those ones that are sore a bit of a rest.

But you should do heaps and heaps of stretching of the sore muscles. It will hurt but it is good for you. Stretch, stretch and stretch some more.
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Here's a tip pick what parts of your body you want to work out and don't do the same thing every day do it every other day for best results because your body needs to heal that's the best additives I can give

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gym question [ 2 Answers ]

I have some fats around my stomach how could I get rid of without supplements And how to enlage my abs to be like a rock

1040NR, taxable gym [ 3 Answers ]

My company pays for the Gym but it is listed as "Gym Taxable" in my paycheck. Where do I report this in the 1040NR?

Is there any side effect of doing GYM exercise after meditation [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am regularly doing OSHO DYNAMIC MEDITATION for one hour during 6.00am to 7.00 am.Then I start GYM exercise for muscular development from 7:15 to 08:00 a.m.Would any side effect happenedof doing exercise after meditation.Is it prescribed? vibhor

Going back to the Gym and diet ! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I started to exercise ( stair machine, and treadmill ) again yesterday, as well as diet. I gained weight over the last 6months ( 15pounds ) because I was eating compulsively to comfort myself. I also stopped exercising ( cardio and yoga ). I just wanted to put a thread here in case...

How can I build my wrist muscle without going gym. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I build up my muscles without going gym.I searched about it lot in internet but nothing helps me.I am 17yrs old now my wrist are thin I want to build it so help me tell me the natural exercise.

View more questions Search