You mean like you are doing now?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2023, 08:26 PM
    Okay. I'm finished here. Best wishes.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2023, 06:30 AM
    You're a difficult person to exchange with. You will not answer serious questions, you make assertions for which you have no support, and you raise objections that strike me as silly, so it's generally, for me, an exercise in frustration. We probably do better speaking with others. Best wishes to you as well.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2023, 11:04 AM
    The way you two snipe at each other all the time is the main reason I'm not on here more often.
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2023, 07:37 PM
    I'm sure it can be frustrating, and I'm also sure I do contribute to it. Trying to carry on a discussion of that sort is a new experience for me.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2023, 10:41 AM
    The way you two snipe at each other all the time is the main reason I'm not on here more often.
    Ditto!

@WG
    Post #45
    What about unconditional love? Jesus loved, and still loves, us so we can love each other.
    We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19
    If you could please show me where you'd like to interject this in either of these posts; 42, 43, 44? I honestly Don't understand what the question is, or if it is even a question.

If it is not a question, maybe you could explain it better by showing me where you'd like to interject God's - "unconditional love," into the Bible.

P.S. I understand It is sometimes hard to understand me. If you'd be willing to help me with proper sentence structuring?
    Maybe you could rewrite what it is I am trying to say, in a proper format....missing or misplaced punctuations, etc.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2023, 11:19 AM
    If it is not a question, maybe you could explain it better by showing me where you'd like to interject God's - "unconditional love," into the Bible.
    I'd say there are quite a number of places. John 3:16, for instance, certainly seems to use "love" in an unconditional sense. The key point, for me, is not to equate "love" with "acceptance". God does not unconditionally accept people. It is a different meaning in a number of ways.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2023, 10:56 PM
    It might be good if everybody defines their terms. What does "accept" mean? What exactly does "love" mean, and what does "unconditional" mean? In the context of Jesus and salvation, it's important to all be talking about the same thing.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2023, 04:26 AM
    Good point.
    1. Accept. To welcome into one's presence, especially in the sense of God receiving man into fellowship with him.
    2. Love. To do what is in the best interest of the object of my love.
    3. Unconditional. Without preconditions.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2023, 02:48 PM
    1. Accept. To welcome into one's presence, especially in the sense of God receiving man into fellowship with him.

John 6:37040

2. Love. To do what is in the best interest of the object of my love.

John 3:16 obviously

3. Unconditional. Without preconditions.

Romans 10:12
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2023, 08:13 PM
    John 6:37040
    Wonderful passage! The one who comes to Christ will indeed be accepted.

John 3:16 obviously
    Agree that it is an obvious choice.

Not sure what your point is there, but verse 12 should certainly be read in context with verses 11 and 13.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2023, 08:36 PM
    Not sure what your point is there, but verse 12 should certainly be read in context with verses 11 and 13.

Where do those say God's love is conditional?
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2023, 05:05 AM
    I have not contended that God's love is conditional. I have said that God's acceptance is conditional.

Post 87. John 3:16, for instance, certainly seems to use "love" in an unconditional sense. The key point, for me, is not to equate "love" with "acceptance". God does not unconditionally accept people.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2023, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have said that God's acceptance is conditional.
    What (Who?) doesn't He accept?
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2023, 10:22 AM
    I would prefer not to discuss this with you for reasons discussed many times in the past. If you will read your Bible, you will readily find the answer. For that matter, just read the passages listed by DW.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2023, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would prefer not to discuss this with you for reasons discussed many times in the past. If you will read your Bible, you will readily find the answer. For that matter, just read the passages listed by DW.
    No mention of who isn't accepted and why.

One must call on His name to be accepted, saved. Correct? What if that person has never heard of Him?
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2023, 11:03 AM
    It requires a little bit of unbiased thinking. Thankfully, only a little bit.

It is pointed out no fewer than six times here for those willing to read and think just a little bit.

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2023, 11:14 AM
    And those who are unable to come to Him? -- are mentally ill? Have Down's syndrome? Are autistic? Have dementia?
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2023, 11:40 AM
    Why do you think they cannot come to Him? Seems to be rather a prejudiced perspective. But I am thankful that you can see the necessity of coming to Him, which is to say "believing in Him".

Luke 18. And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2023, 12:09 PM
    And those who are unable to come to Him? -- are mentally ill? Have Down's syndrome? Are autistic? Have dementia?

That's when we as believers get involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quora question: What evidence is there that the Bible is real? [ 10 Answers ]

My response: The Bible is a mix of parables, poetry, allegories, wisdom literature, oratory, epistles, and human stories, each with a moral. It's a beautiful interpretation of human experience from a divine perspective -- God creates the first humans and, with divine love, gives them free will,...

Converting agnostic to christian [ 39 Answers ]

This may be quite lengthy so bear with me. I am 19 year old female who was raised baptist but come freshman year converted to agnostic and stayed that way for quite a while, though at the same time occasionally questioned if there may be a god and would sometimes even feel bad for labeling myself...

Agnostic Cousin [ 8 Answers ]

My uncle is a devout catholic, spent all his life praying and doing good deeds... Now his son(that's my cousin) was never too zealous about spirituality but 3-4 years back he got in touch with The Da Vinci Code and since then he's lost whatever faith he had in his religion. He now calls...

View more questions Search