Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quit smoking for baby.
    OK well we started trying in January, and I started cutting back on my smoking. I thought I would be able to just quit cold turkey like I did with my first pregnancy... no such luck here. Now I just found out I am pregnant, and I can't quit like I want. Anyone have some ideas... the cutting back alone is not doing so well, esp. with my stress levels. My goal is to be completely off by the end of next week.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Print out a photo of your first baby on printer paper and wrap your smokes in it. That way you will see your baby before you reach for that cigarette and it might be the motivator you are looking for.

Good Luck! I know you can do it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Oooh I hadn't thought of that... that could work... thanks!
    AmIParanoid Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
    I had this same dilemma when I became pregnant with my son. My doctor told me that it is only an oral fixation and habit (ex. After meals, in the car, talking on the phone... ) so, I needed something to replace that. He told me take a bottle of water with me everywhere I go just like I would a pack of cigarettes. Every time I felt like I needed to smoke, I should drink a sip of water. That way not only are you cutting out a habit, you are also drinking fluids that are necessary for you and baby. You can also try chewing gum or sucking on hard candy. I hope this helps... I know it is hard.
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Yeah I did the chewing gum, worked the first time, not so much this time... I will try the water... thanks!
    Sigh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Well this is how I did it... I was a heavy smoker and then I found out I was pregnant. Whenever I wanted a cigarette I just thought about the baby! Knowing that the baby can't speak for themselves and knowing that I was endangering their health because of something I thought that I needed... So every time I wanted one I thought about that and I had no trouble quitting with a little bit of gum and candy!;) Good Luck I know you willl be successful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will Laser Therapy make me quit smoking? [ 3 Answers ]

I HAVE to quit smoking. I was given a suggestion today to go to a Laser treatment center, and that it would literally ZAP the habit. Couple of questions. How effective is this? I have seen stats that show the success rate is 90%. Has anyone out there been able to quit after having a laser...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

I need your help with smoking [ 1646 Answers ]

Well I haven't had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now I've tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and I'm just not flipping strong enough to do it I always cave in. Now I know there's no easy way to do this and I have to admit boy am I feeling dizzy and funny but I can't...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

View more questions Search