Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2016, 10:33 PM
    Are there different size coolant temp sensors for the 1992 Dodge Dakota 3.9L
    I went to the parts store to get a coolant temp sensor for a 1992 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9L V6. First one they sold me was wrong, the connector had 2 prongs and the one I took off only had one. They found me one that has the right connector on it, but now it acts like it doesn't want to thread into the intake manifold. How many different versions of coolant temp sensors did they make for this year make and model?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2016, 06:41 AM
    Bring the old one to Dodge. Chrysler is notorious for having different engine parts. Stratus had a Canadian and a Mexican engine. Needed different oil filters!
    The wrong one would leak and you'd run out of oil in 50 miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix the air flow in my 1992 dodge dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 dodge dakota, when I turn on the blower motor I can only get air through either the defrost vents at the windshield, or the floor vents, but not through the front facing vents. The hvac controls are push button not sliders, so is this an electrical problem with the hvac controls, or...

How do you diagnose the Tachometer and Horn circuit on a 1992 Dodge Dakota? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working on a 1992 Dodge Dakota. The horn and tachometer are not working. According the fuse diagram they are both on the same circuit. The fuse is good, and there is power to the fuse location for that circuit. What else can I check to diagnose this circuit? Thanks.

1992 dodge dakota 3.9 runs rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 dakota 3.9 automatic when you start it it will run fine but when you shut it off and restart it it will run rough and start popping real bad , you have to shut it off to clear it , the plugs where changed and wires and cap , I checked the fuel pressure and it is 34 when it runs rough...

Where are the oxygen sensors on a 1992 Honda Accord [ 3 Answers ]

I spoke to a mechanic and he said the oxygen sensor is located under the car towards the back of the engine. The manual indicates it is in the front by the exhaust manifold. I'd like to know where it really is. Thanks Carl30

Coolant Temp [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 2001 Impala The Temp Gage Does Not Work And A Code Reader Says Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temp Do You Think It Is A Bad Coolant Temp Sensor ?

View more questions Search