Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkronfield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2015, 04:30 PM
    How to remove governor from a 2015 Moen model 23016 Banbury shower head?
    Most of the answers here regarding removing governors are dated over 6 years ago.

Does anyone know how to remove the water flow regulating governor form the newer Moen shower heads? I have a new Banbury model 23016 unit. There is a plastic X retainer in front of the inner unit. I cannot remove this piece, but did break off the four X pieces. Seems to have increased the flow somewhat.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2015, 10:16 AM
    Usually, if you look inside the threaded end of the shower head, you will see a filter screen. Take needle nose pliers and pull it out. Under the screen is the actual flow restrictor. Try to grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it out, too. It is very tight so you have to be patient with it. Sometimes, you have to take screwdriver, poke a hole in it and pull it out with wire with a hook in its end.

Hope that helps

Milo
    moenig4morwater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2016, 09:03 AM
    Just purchased a new Moen Banbury 3-in-1. Not sure the model number but I would imagine the regulator is similar as a post from years ago showed the same piece.

Anyway, I found that all you had to do was remove the white X piece (mine came out with pliers) and then the small black center ring (had to use my jeweler's screwdriver for my eyeglasses) and the difference was VERY substantial.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2016, 12:17 PM
    Hello Moening,

You responded to an old thread, always check the at the left top corner before to respond to a thread, Thanks.

John
    moenig4morwater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2016, 12:50 PM
    The reason I responded here was that I had been looking for info specifically for a Moen showerhead and since I found my answer in roundabout fashion from this site and other sources, I figured I would help any future searchers with my solution.

Is there a newer thread on this exact subject?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2016, 12:53 PM
    OK thanks for your update.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Shower Head - flow much too restrictive [ 3 Answers ]

Moen Castleby T2377CP Shower Trim The new shower head is restricting flow. Before I start prying, what I see is this: Just below the threads there is a green "ring" with a center slotted green circular piece and then below that there is the black plastic piece with the holes. Is this...

Increasing the water flow of a Moen shower head [ 5 Answers ]

I have just installed new bathroom fixtures, Moen brand. I have tried to increase the pressure of the shower head. I have taken out the O ring in the top and I have unscrewed the face of the head. I have not been able to remove the head or remove the plastic in the neck. I don't want to break it...

How to take out Governor in New Moen Shower Head [ 14 Answers ]

Greetings! I just purchased a new Moen: Inspire Nine Inch Rainshower head. Model number 21999. I would like to take out the water saver restricter/Governor. Can you please tell me where it is located and how to take it out? I live out in the country on my own well for water so not worried about...

Moen Banbury Shower/Tub Issue [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I recently installed a brand new moen banbury tub and shower combo. I used pex piping and tested all connection for leaks and to verify everything was functioning before putting up our tile backer board as well as the tile. When I was testing everything, I ran a copper pipe out the...

MOEN shower head and control valves [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had the upstairs bathroom updated with new Moem controls and shower head. The shower head water does not have the same force as before. I removed the shower head and installed another shower head with the same results. I can see the water restrictor in the Moem shower head, my...

View more questions Search