Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Disficmige Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2016, 05:53 PM
    Is there any psycological term for what I'm going through?
    I've been having some problems with it lately. The thing I most likely turn to is the game League of Legends, which doesn't really help. Not because I can't have fun in it when I actually want to, but because the people in the game are generally more negative than me when I open the game.

The only answer I'm looking for is a solution or a possible way of helping myself. I also drown my sorrows in Netflix sometimes and I don't even think I want to. I really don't know. And the thing I wonder the most is if I should ask my parents for help to see someone about. Like a psychiatrist or something.

Thanks,
    Mathias.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2016, 05:57 PM
    There are names, and often several names for any and every slight issues. Doctors love to give things names and write papers on them.

The issue is not the name, to be honest does a name really matter. The issue is why do you have sorrow ? What is wrong?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 15, 2016, 06:04 PM
    All we hear is that you are addicted (as you call it) to a game and to Netflix. You say nothing about your family, friends, school, where you live, what your early years were like - not even your age!
    So sure, see a therapist (you don't need a psychiatrist, not unless the therapist says so).
    But if you want to get out of your room, you CAN. You just need to figure out how to replace the time with more variety and more people.
    Tell us how that might start....
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Apr 19, 2016, 12:41 AM
    Isolation? Escapism? What sorrows are you trying to drown?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A psycological pattern to do with memory building which I have noticed... [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed a psycological pattern in myself and others. It is to do with the process of memory building. What I have noticed, is that when people form memories of events and social gatherings, they tend to only remember information or faces that will be significant to them in the future. For...

Having quite a few psycological problems in this relationship. [ 3 Answers ]

My age is currently 16, and while some may argue that is too young to be caring about relationships can all take a hike (yes, take a hike, as I'm sure what I really mean will be blocked). So here is the story. I met this girl in 7th grade, and for the past 4 years I have been secretly in love with...

The psycological effects of hip hop on teens in america [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know what kinds of psycological effects are related to hip hop and what studies or stats show this

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search