Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barb1033 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2016, 05:06 PM
    Drug test results
    My son tested positive for cocaine = 9558 ng/ml, and
    heroin = 282 ng/ml, and morphine = 25821 ng/ml.
    Can someone interpret this for me, in layman's terms?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2016, 05:10 PM
    He abuses drugs? And not just one, Heroine and Morphine are some hard core drugs...not used casually, and cocaine is pretty bad in its own rite...(might be the the crack form but that remains unknown) but several. And as such he needs some seriously close supervision of what he does and where he goes.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 10:35 PM
    In layman's terms it means your son is abusing illegal drugs. There is really no other way to put it. He popped hot.

The question really is... What is he going to do about it? What are you, as his parent, prepared to do about it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2016, 03:09 AM
    In layman's terms your son is a junkie and needs immediate professional intervention and supervised follow up and testing.

Addiction Interventions | CRC Health Group
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Mar 19, 2016, 09:38 PM
    Here are some numbers, for you to use as guidelines for the testing done for employment, to make sure employees are not under the influence. They are generally considered "fair" in that they won't provide 'false positives'. Compare your son's numbers to the ones here and draw your own conclusions.

Cocaine Cutoff-Level 150 ng/ml
    Morphone Cutoff-Level 2000 ng/mL (the cutoff level suggested by SAMHSA)

I'm far from an expert, but I would be very, very worried, if it were my child. I would be Googling "In patient detox" facilities outside of my state, if I were in your shoes.

Good luck to you both

Mar 27, 2016, 03:31 PM
    Thank you all for your replies. I thought his numbers were out of sight. He's just completed a prison program called RSAT (Residential Substance Abuse Treatment) in the GA state prison system. He was in for 15 months. Clean for 15 months. He got out 1/28/16 and was using 2 weeks later. Last week he was drug tested by his prob ofcr and tested positive, and is not in jail, for the umpteenth time.
    His older brother is out on the streets of Atlanta, using heroin.
    My husband and I have put them both in rehabs, they have both OD'd 3 and 4 times, respectively. They have both been in prison and jail many times. They are only 26 and 28 years old. We hope they live. We are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck0rN0t View Post
    Here are some numbers, for you to use as guidelines for the testing done for employment, to make sure employees are not under the influence. They are generally considered "fair" in that they won't provide 'false positives'. Compare your son's numbers to the ones here and draw your own conclusions.

Cocaine Cutoff-Level 150 ng/ml
    Morphone Cutoff-Level 2000 ng/mL (the cutoff level suggested by SAMHSA)

I'm far from an expert, but I would be very, very worried, if it were my child. I would be Googling "In patient detox" facilities outside of my state, if I were in your shoes.

Good luck to you both
    Expert

Mar 27, 2016, 04:16 PM
    I am so sorry you are going through this. As parents, we feel hopeless when our grown children make bad choices. Unfortunately, drugs are one of the choices that cannot be supported by us parents.

While it's hard, near impossible sometimes, this is one time that you have to cut complete ties and all communication, and pray to whatever/whomever you pray to, that your children will be safe.

Mar 27, 2016, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I am so sorry you are going through this. As parents, we feel hopeless when our grown children make bad choices. Unfortunately, drugs are one of the choices that cannot be supported by us parents.

While it's hard, near impossible sometimes, this is one time that you have to cut complete ties and all communication, and pray to whatever/whomever you pray to, that your children will be safe.

Thank you for your response. Cutting complete ties and all communication is the only thing we haven't done yet.
    Expert

Mar 27, 2016, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb1033 View Post
    Thank you for your response. Cutting complete ties and all communication is the only thing we haven't done yet.
    And you do realize that is the only cure to this problem, don't you? As children we learn that there are consequences to our actions. That carries over into adulthood. Unless and until you cut all ties, totally and completely, this behavior of drug addiction will continue. It's called enabling and, many times, requires counseling to overcome.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2016, 07:56 PM
    I am sorry for what is happening, to you child. Sadly it is just how how the system works, drug rehab, unless they want it, does no good.

After rehab, if they return to the same town, with the same frines, hanging out in the same places, they go back on it, about 99.999 percent of the time.

The PO may allow a second bad reading, or wait till he does something worst. Trouble is Georgia prisons are full, the Fulton county jail is full and the probation detention centers are full. So they revoke the worst offenders and wait till they have room often.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug/metabolite cannot be excluded in drug test results [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I recently had to have a drug test for my lawyer to possibly use in court to help my case and there is a phrase in the comments I don't understand I asked the doctor but couldn't understand him or his accent can someone please tell me what it means? This is what my test results came back as...

Drug test results [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going to my pcp for over 3 years, take a drug test every month, never had a bad one, until this month, dr say tested positive for marijuana, sent test out says tch is negative, but positive for xanax which I do not use and negative for ativan which I do use, some one help me please!...

Drug test results [ 1 Answers ]

What does a drug test[hair}cannabinoids and carboxy thc level 0.94 pg/mg mean and what is the results of a positive urine drug screen

Drug Test Results [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! :D I'm not sure if this is in the right spot to post this so forgive me if it isn't. I have applied for a job and it is mandatory to take a drug test, although I don't do any drugs myself I am constantly around people who do. The people I live with smoke pot everyday, that doesn't...

Court ordered drug test, results to be sent to court, can person also get results? [ 1 Answers ]

Father of 15 month old court ordered to take hair follicle test.. Results to be faxed to person in juvenile court. Can anyone else get results before the next court hearing? Also, the test was taken 23 days ago and so far no results yet.. Why would it take so long?

View more questions Search