Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Givingmyall2015 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2016, 11:52 PM
    I drank 10 shots on Friday I have a ETG test next Friday will I pass I'm 5'9 and 230
    I drank 10-12 shots Friday I'm 5'9 230 lbs will I pass a ETG test next Friday

Mar 18, 2016, 12:46 AM
    Anyone?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 02:27 AM
    You should be able to pass in that timeframe. Also, note that the questions on this site are answered by volunteers. At the time of your posting, most volunteers were sleeping.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 05:45 AM
    You should pass. Do you drink 10 shots on a regular basis?

Mar 18, 2016, 05:57 AM
    Thanks for the info J-9... if there is any volunteers up other input would also be appreciated.. Here is a little more info last drink consumed at 3:15 in the morning Saturday... So I'm giving 0 alcohol by 12 am Sunday morning! Please afvose

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    My answer below

And should pass what's the percentage... this is not for court its for a FAA job cut off is very very low due to the job.. but a friend has been teasing. Me and now I'm stressed

Mar 18, 2016, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No.. Special occasion prior hadn't drank in 2+ weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Givingmyall2015 View Post
    No.. special occasion prior hadn't drank in 2+ weeks
    And should?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 07:08 AM
    No.. Special occasion prior hadn't drank in 2+ weeks

And should?
    The skinny of it is this: Everyone is different and as such everyone metabolizes alcohol differently. The results of the EtG/EtS at the low cut off point indicate that you've drank within the last 3-4 days, give or take. The problem is that some people will produce and eliminate EtG/EtS quicker then others and some people will be slower. It is hard to say with any certainty if you're a slow metabolizer or not. So no one can accurately say you will pass or you will fail. Such is the way of fuzzy biological systems.

Given the time frame, as J_9 said, you shouldn't fail the test, but you could.

The more important question that I would like to ask is: If you're supposed to be sober because of your job, why are you drinking? If you're being tested then somewhere in your employement contract is a line that says, "absolute sobreity is required, to ensure this is the case employees will have random drug tests." So given that you're breaking your contract with your employer. I say this not to berate you, but to help you realize that you are jeopardizing your career by drinking and in this recession, you don't want to be losing your job. Think about it.

Mar 18, 2016, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    The skinny of it is this: Everyone is different and as such everyone metabolizes alcohol differently. The results of the EtG/EtS at the low cut off point indicate that you've drank within the last 3-4 days, give or take. The problem is that some people will produce and eliminate EtG/EtS quicker then others and some people will be slower. It is hard to say with any certainty if you're a slow metabolizer or not. So no one can accurately say you will pass or you will fail. Such is the way of fuzzy biological systems.

Given the time frame, as J_9 said, you shouldn't fail the test, but you could.

The more important question that I would like to ask is: If you're supposed to be sober because of your job, why are you drinking? If you're being tested then somewhere in your employement contract is a line that says, "absolute sobreity is required, to ensure this is the case employees will have random drug tests." So given that you're breaking your contract with your employer. I say this not to berate you, but to help you realize that you are jeopardizing your career by drinking and in this recession, you don't want to be losing your job. Think about it.
    This job I would be just starting for extra vacation income my current job I am with the FAA been there 5+ yrs never had a random or any call in on Mon or Friday... so your answer is U don't know even with a 120+ hours clean... hmmmmmmmmm

Mar 18, 2016, 09:15 AM
    So a 120 hours clean you could still fail!

??
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 18, 2016, 10:09 AM

??
    It has been seen, especially if you're a heavy drinker or you binge drink.

You're getting hung up on the possibilities. The truth of the matter is that NO ONE, except maybe for God himself, can tell you with 100% certainty that you will pass or fail. I am not willing to commit to saying that you will pass because what if you don't? There is a good chance that you will pass. You also drank a lot. If you have a history of heavy drinking and binge drinking, there is a chance, however small it may be, that you will fail. There is also a REALLY good chance you will not fail. That is what you should be focusing on, not the small chance you will fail.

Understand? You're losing focus here, concentrating on the one red skittle in a big bowl of M&Ms.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Mar 19, 2016, 09:10 PM
    Urine EtG tests are sometimes referred to as the "The 80 Hour Alcohol Test" because they claim to be able to detect up to 80 hours after consumption of alcohol, depending upon amount consumed and the metabolism of the person being tested.

I am not in the medical profession,(I only EtG tested 3x/wk for a year and a half) however, given the information you have provided, I believe you will pass and even with a cutoff of 100ng/mL I don't believe you would test positive. If you are/were a chronic or binge drinker prior to the Friday binge, that may change the playing field.

Take my opinion for what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I drank alcohol on Friday now I need to pass a EtG test? [ 17 Answers ]

I drank 400 ml of 100 proof whiskey on Friday evening before 9 pm now I need to take a EtG test today or tomorrow morning. Will I be clean?

I drank on Friday will I pass an EtG test on Monday [ 14 Answers ]

On Friday I had about 10 drinks no more but possibly less over the weekend I didn't exercise or drink huge amounts of water but and had a glass of cranberry juice before I went to bed my test was at 4:30 on Monday and I drink a little over a half gallon of water starting at about 3:00 ending at...

Drank Friday Got tested today(Thursday), will I pass this EtG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 5'3, 118 pounds, female. I had five glasses of Franzia Merlot wine starting Friday night at 11, and ending at 4am Saturday morning. I got a surprise EtG test this morning(Thursday) at 9am. I have read it EtG cannot usually be detected past 80 hours, however this treatment center I go to...

Drank Thursday and Friday until 1:00AM Friday night will I pass EtG on Monday at 4:00 [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't drank in weeks. I drank Thursday evening until Friday night at 1:00AM Taking a EtG urine test Monday at 4:00. Will I pass?

View more questions Search