Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
    All right.this is already looking bad!
    :mad: I was browsing the internet when I saw a post about the V-Tech shooter. Apparently he wrote down "Ismael Ax" on his arms and on the package he sent to NBC. People are now linking him to a terrorist organization. I even saw one post where someone said that the entire nation of Islam should be considered a terrorist organization. This problem streches to all forms of culture. One rapper or (not ranting on racism) black person does something stupid and everyone involved with that culture is labeled ignorant or foolish. Same if there is one racist in the white community and all white people are labeled intolerant. We need to start seeing people for their actions and personalities rather than their ethnic or religious background. There are horrible people everywhere in every religion and race. We need to open our eyes and our minds to see past the initial image we see in the media and even our peers.:cool: Just had to vent that out but please comment and leave your opinions.
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 18, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jvibe101
    :mad: I was browsing the internet when I saw a post about the V-Tech shooter. Apparently he wrote down "Ismael Ax" on his arms and on the package he sent to NBC. People are now linking him to a terrorist organization. I even saw one post where some1 said that the entire nation of Islam should be considered a terrorist organization. This problem streches to all forms of culture. One rapper or (not ranting on racism) black person does something stupid and everyone involved with that culture is labeled ignorant or foolish. Same if there is one racist in the white community and all white people are labeled intolerant. We need to start seeing people for their actions and personalities rather than their ethnic or religous background. There are horrible people everywhere in every religion and race. We need to open our eyes and our minds to see past the initial image we see in the media and even our peers.:cool: Just had to vent that out but please comment and leave your opinions.
    I agree 100% Jvibe!! People need to stop pointing the fingers at groups and start seeing that individuals are responsible for the things they do and should be held accountable for them. Its easy to say everyone from a religion or nationality or swim team or chemistry class is a terrorist but what does that solve in the scheme of things other than to absolve individuals for their terrible JACKED UP behavior? Are we next going to blame V-tech teachers for teaching him, or his parents for sending him to the school, or the pilot or airline of the plane that got him there? Where does it stop? HE did what HE did because HE chose to. His race NOR his religious affiliations are to blame. HE is!

Apr 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Thank you!!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I also agree %100!
    fitnahpolice Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Agreed! If you drive rashly, blame the driver not the car :rolleyes:

Apr 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I like the way u put that one fitnahpolice
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
    I totally agree with you. People shoudn't hate races because of one bad example. I think that is just ignorant. Just like I thought that bombing other countries is stupid. Not everyone is invoved and feel the same way. There are good black people, and there are bad black people... there are good white people, and there are bad white people. Etc for all the races... we can't judge our opinon on a ethnic group because of one person's misdoings.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
    :mad: I was browsing the internet when I saw a post about the V-Tech shooter. Apparently he wrote down "Ismael Ax" on his arms and on the package he sent to NBC. People are now linking him to a terrorist organization. I even saw one post where some1 said that the entire nation of Islam should be considered a terrorist organization. This problem streches to all forms of culture. One rapper or (not ranting on racism) black person does something stupid and everyone involved with that culture is labeled ignorant or foolish. Same if there is one racist in the white community and all white people are labeled intolerant. We need to start seeing people for their actions and personalities rather than their ethnic or religous background. There are horrible people everywhere in every religion and race. We need to open our eyes and our minds to see past the initial image we see in the media and even our peers.:cool: Just had to vent that out but please comment and leave your opinions.
    I'm sure the v-tech shooter was welcomed, excepted, helped, and seen for the person he portrayed himself to be... Had we not trusted him, so many innocent people would still be alive today.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Maybe I read it wrong but I don't agree with that last statement. This particular person was mentally unstable. Nothing would have stopped him from the things he did... whether he was trusted or not... it wasn't his race or religion, it was him as a person..
    DragonFire Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

Apr 20, 2007, 02:01 PM
    He meant that this guy 'portrayed' himself or made people believe that he was someone who could be trusted, otherwise we would not have trusted him and would have locked him up long ago before he had a chance to kill people. And I do agree with jvibe101.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire
    He meant that this guy 'portrayed' himself or made people believe that he was someone who could be trusted, otherwise we would not have trusted him and would have locked him up long ago before he had a chance to kill people. And I do agree with jvibe101.
    That's exactly what I meant.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
    OK yes, then I misunderstood.. I agree with that.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:52 AM
    "Nation of Islam" as you mentioned is not referred to the entire muslim population, but this is a distinct group of people calling themselves muslim, but they have diverged from one of the most important principles in Islam that all races.nationalities are the same in the sight of Allah except the pious and righteous.

Hope the following clears some doubts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam
    Comparison to traditional Islam

The Nation of Islam preaches adherence to the Five Pillars of the Islamic Faith: shahada, or Profession of Faith; salat, or prayer, five times daily facing toward Mecca; zakat, charity to the poor; fasting during the holy month of Ramadan; and that every Muslim who is physically and financially able must make Hajj, the pilgrimage to Mecca, at least once in his or her lifetime. The NOI also teaches morality and personal decorum, emphasizing modesty, mutual respect, and discipline in dress and comportment. NOI adherents do not consume pork, stress a healthy diet and physical fitness, and the consumption of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco is frowned upon. In these respects, the NOI is in general agreement with traditional Islamic practices. However, the Nation of Islam argues that because of the unique experience of the oppression and degradation of slavery, Elijah Muhammad used unique methods for introducing Islam to his people.

A little mosque of Nation of Islam in Louisiana, 2005.

Other doctrines of the Nation of Islam are disputed, specifically:
    God's incarnation
    NOI teaches that "Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July 1930; the long-awaited Messiah of the Christians and the Mahdi of the Muslims.
    Orthodox Sunni and Shi'a Muslim doctrine is that Islam teaches that it is heretical and blasphemous to believe that God would manifest Himself in human form (or any material form).
    Relations with whites
    NOI teaches that the Black man is the original man, and from him came all brown, yellow, red, and white people. By using a special method of birth control law, the Blackman was able to produce the white race. Liking any individual(s) to God is a form of 'shirk' - a major sin in the Islam.[13] Islam recognizes the Biblical and Qur'anic figure, the patriarch Jacob, but this Jacob is viewed by Muslims as a prophet, and is not connected to the Yakub of the NOI. Traditional Islam does not teach of the Yakub featured in Nation of Islam theology.
    Relations with the LGBT community
    Perspectives on the Quran.
    The vast majority of Muslims, worldwide, believe that it was Allah's final revelation to mankind and that it was given to the Islamic prophet Muhammed between the years of 610 and 632. While NOI states that they believe in the Qur'an and the writings of all the prophets of God, the organization also states that they are the authors of the Bible and Qur'an and the creators of history.[14]
    Status of the Islamic prophet Muhammed vs. other prophets.
    Mainstream Islam teaches that Muhammad was the last of the messengers that Allah has sent to us--there would be no more, and the one for all to follow. The Nation of Islam believes that Elijah Muhammad was also a messenger and was taught by God Himself (W. D. Fard).[15]

Malcolm X used to belong to this group at one time,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X

Malcolm X (born Malcolm Little; May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965), also known as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, was an American Black Muslim minister and spokesman for the Nation of Islam. After leaving the Nation of Islam in 1964, he went on a pilgrimage to Mecca and became a Sunni Muslim; he also founded the Muslim Mosque, Inc. and the Organization of Afro-American Unity. Less than a year later, he was assassinated in Washington Heights on the first day of National Brotherhood Week.

-----------------------------------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

All right, what did I do wrong? [ 23 Answers ]

This woman has been interested in me for a couple of weeks. I've been playing it cool, teasing her hard(Yes that does wonders, thank you Wildcat) and being extremely cocky. I've gone to visit her a couple of times at her work and kept the visits short and then that night or the next day she comes...

Probations violators who had it turn out all right [ 6 Answers ]

On 2 year SIS for DUI and driving while revoked. They gave me a break this time because I am also on a 10-year revocation (one year to go). Did this so I could actually get my license back. Done 18 months of private probation, fulfilled all other conditions, have somebody come get me when she calls...

Bad Bad Bad [ 2 Answers ]

Pills do ****, they are placebo (Spelling? )... On every pill bottle it says "Along with you eating a proper diet and daily exercise..." Any doctor will tell you that you need a healthy diet and daily exercise to lose weight! Silly geese who buy these pills! Don't BUY THEM THEY ARE BAD!

View more questions Search