Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claudiodarocha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Potuguese passport through marriage
    I am Portuguese by nationality but my girlfriend is South African. We are planning to get married next year. How would we go about applying for her to attain a Portuguese passport?
    0721234548 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudiodarocha
    I am Portuguese by nationality but my girlfriend is South African. We are planning to get married next year. How would we go about applying for her to attain a Portuguese passport?
    If you are Portuguese and have been registered through the SA Consulate here in South Africa and hold a portuguese passport you have to do the following. Once you have married you have to take an unabridged marrige certificate and an unabridged birth certificate of your wife to the portuguese consulate so that it can be registered. They will then issue her with a passport and other if needed. It does however take time so if you have family in portugal send the documentation to them to do directly
    0721234548 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 03:58 AM
    If you are Portuguese and have been registered through the SA Consulate here in South Africa and hold a portuguese passport you have to do the following. Once you have married you have to take an unabridged marriage certificate and an unabridged birth certificate of your wife to the portuguese consulate so that it can be registered. They will then issue her with a passport and other if needed. It does however take time so if you have family in portugal send the documentation to them to do directly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Potuguese Passport Application [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help. I am wanting to apply for a portuguese passport and need info on how to do so. I am of South African origin living in the uk indefinitely, on a south african passport, my father is the same except that he has a british passport by marriage. My grandfather was portuguese, born...

I need to renew my Potuguese Passport [ 1 Answers ]

I live in London and need to renew my Potuguese Passport. How do I go about this and how much does it cost ? Thanks Ryan

Application for Potuguese passport through Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I would like to know if I would be able to apply for a portuguese passport and how. I am south african but am married to a portuguese guy and although he is South african he has a portuguese passport.

View more questions Search