Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tazzybee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2015, 09:29 AM
    Drank 8 3.2 beers on Saturday night and had a EtG test Wednesday morning at 8. Chanc.
    EtG alcohol test
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2015, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzybee View Post
    EtG alcohol test
    So... you are hoping to fail? Otherwise why were you drinking when you have random tests.

I suggest seriously looking into AA or other programs to get help to get your drinking problem under control before it kills you or ruins what's left of your life.

Jul 18, 2015, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    So... you are hoping to fail? Otherwise why were you drinking when you have random tests.

I suggest seriously looking into AA or other programs to get help to get your drinking problem under control before it kills you or ruins what's left of your life.
    Right... First drink on over 450 days. No problem drinker here. But thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2015, 10:54 AM
    Why drink after 450 days of sobriety? And EIGHT beers?
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2015, 11:18 AM
    I wasn't born yesterday. 8 beers is clearly called binge drinking by anyone's standards. A non-alcoholic would have a hard time guzzling 8 beer in a day much less a night. In fact 8 beers in a night is a problem for ANYONE that does it.

If you don't see how there is a problem with that...then you haven't faced your problems yet. And you can't fix your problems until you both recognize and admit you have them.

Jul 18, 2015, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why drink after 450 days of sobriety? And EIGHT beers?
    Friends that hadn't seen in very long time stopped by my house. It might not of been 8 beers either could have been 6. Your replies have nothing to do with the question by the way
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2015, 11:25 AM
    Friends that hadn't seen in very long time stopped by my house. It might not of been 8 beers either could have been 6. Your replies have nothing to do with the question by the way
    You brought up the drinking details. There is no question.

You could have drunk iced tea or Pepsi.

Jul 18, 2015, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You brought up the drinking details. There is no question.

You could have drunk iced tea or Pepsi.
    I asked ppls opinion on if I passed. Nothing else.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2015, 12:11 PM
    Did you read the site rules? Apparently not. You aren't allowed to dictate who can answer or how. Those were the rules long before I joined the site. Sorry but once the question is asked, you are going to get answers....even if you don't like them.

Every one you have gotten so far is perfectly valid.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 18, 2015, 01:17 PM
    Tazzybee, no one can tell you with one hundred percent accuracy that you tested clean. We don't know if the 3.2 is the amount of alcohol content or the size of the beer. We don't know if you use anything that has alcohol in it that would affect the test. We don't know what the test was for-job, court, etc.? Different reasons for testing have different limits. We don't now what the cutoff for the test is. We don't know how healthy you liver is. All of these and more are factors in whether or not you pass.

Most tests give a time range of up to 80 hours from last drink. Add up the hours.

Frankly, that you are worrying about a test that you took days ago or longer makes me wonder what the stakes are.

If you are a recovering alcoholic (saying that you are not a problem drinker now doesn't mean you haven't had issues in the past), make certain you take steps not to repeat the evening with friends. Take care of yourself so that you don't compound any mistakes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2015, 02:19 PM
    With the little information you provided I suggest while you hope for the best, you prepare for the worst.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jul 18, 2015, 11:42 PM
    How many hours between when you stopped drinking and when you were tested? And do you know the cutoff for the test?

Jul 19, 2015, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck0rN0t View Post
    How many hours between when you stopped drinking and when you were tested? And do you know the cutoff for the test?
    Exactly 80 hrs. And to all you haters, who said I was in trouble? Ever think it was for work? I chose to not drink for other reasons. So do t just assume
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 19, 2015, 08:14 PM
    We wouldn't have to assume if you gave all the pertinent facts from the beginning.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jul 22, 2015, 12:35 PM
    My best guess, for what it's worth, is that you will likely pass with that amount of time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I drank on Saturday, will I pass an EtG test on Wednesday? [ 3 Answers ]

I had about 10 drinks on Saturday night until about 3am. I took my EtG test Wednesday at 2:45pm. I am a 6'2'' male about 190 lbs. biked about 15 miles, did about three 20 minute sauna sits to sweat more and burn more calories. Drank a lot of water as well and I peed twice during the day before I...

Drank 4 and a half beers Sunday night. Will I pass an EtG test on Wednesday? [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 17 year old male, 5'7 and weigh 126 lbs

I drank 5 5% beers Saturday night and had an ETG on Monday [ 3 Answers ]

Saturday Night from 9pm to 1 am I had exactly 5 glass bottle beers with 5% alcohol content. I am 6 foot and around 145 pounds. Yesterday morning I drank a lot of coffee and took 2 excedrin (I thought caffeine could help jump my already fast metabolism) and didn't eat until about 130 when I ate 2...

View more questions Search