Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abba57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2015, 05:21 PM
    Can a c-corp loan money to a LLC then forgive the interest charges
    Our C-corp made a business loan to a LLC. The LLC had difficulties paying the loan and wants to redo the loan without interest.
    jerileycpa Posts: 27, Reputation: 2
    Certified Public Accountant

Jun 1, 2015, 04:04 PM
    Legally, I believe that yes, your C-corp can forgive the interest receivable and renegotiate the terms of the existing debt. However, from a tax perspective (meaning can you deduct the bad debt on the business tax return) if the LLC is a related party, then you may not be able to take a tax deduction. Additional information would be required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W2 vs. Corp-to-Corp, Single member LLC w/S Corp election [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Washington state and I have a fulltime w2 salaried job with full benefits (health, retirement, etc.) and say I make about 150K in salary+bonus. I am starting a second job as a hourly contractor where I am expecting to make say about another 150K if I go for corp-to-corp or 140K if I go...

Florida Corp has partnership interest in LLC bin another state. [ 2 Answers ]

A Florida C Corp has a partnership interest in an LLC in another state as an investment, not as part of business operation. Otherwise, all business is in Florida. Should the K1 income from the partnership be taxable in Florida?

S Corp 100% owner in LLC (Taxed as S Corp), How do I account for LLC on S Corps books [ 1 Answers ]

I have an S Corp that is a 100% owner in an LLC (which is taxed as an S corp). I am preparing the taxes for the companies and have run into a problem. I have given the S corp the k-1 from the llc and put the $'s into "other income" (Income section, line 5 1120s schedule). However, in filling in...

View more questions Search