Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherry Dausman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2015, 12:42 PM
    My dog keeps choking and coughing and sneezing like she trying to hack something up
    My dog keeps sneezing and choking every since I let her put this morning. She has asmata attacks also. She is a chiuahiua
    NCTOFL Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2015, 12:57 PM
    Is your dogs nose running?

We have a chihuahua same problem. Ours is allergy's call vet find out how many cc's of benadryl it needs. Pharmacy will give you a CC dropper with purchase of benadryl if you ask for it.

If she has asthma you should call a vet immediately
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 13, 2015, 07:36 PM
    Before giving benadryl I'd get the dog checked to make sure this is a case of allergies. It's best to make sure before giving any sort of medication.

Sadly no one can diagnose online. Just because someone's dog may have had similar symptoms, doesn't mean that every case with the same symptoms, is the same diagnosis. It's always best to get a diagnosis from your vet, and not follow a prescription given by someone online.

Good luck. :)
    NCTOFL Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2015, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Before giving benadryl I'd get the dog checked to make sure this is a case of allergies. It's best to make sure before giving any sort of medication.

Sadly no one can diagnose online. Just because someone's dog may have had similar symptoms, doesn't mean that every case with the same symptoms, is the same diagnosis. It's always best to get a diagnosis from your vet, and not follow a prescription given by someone online.

Good luck. :)
    I guess you missed the last part if she has asthma call a vet Immediately! Not just someone online I worked as a assistant at a vets office for 15 years!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2015, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTOFL View Post
    I guess you missed the last part if she has asthma call a vet Immediately! Not just someone online I worked as a assistant at a vets office for 15 years!
    No need to get upset. You also recommended that the poster call the vet to find out how many cc's of benadryl to administer. I simply stated that before medicating, the dog should be checked by a vet.

Not all coughing and sneezing episodes are allergies. At this point I wouldn't administer benadryl until recommended by a vet.

As a former vet assistant I'm sure you agree that diagnosing or prescribing online, is not a good idea. The first thing any pet owner should do if their pet is sick, is to see a vet. Online advice is useless when it comes to health issues with your pet. Don't you agree?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can coughing/sneezing hurt your baby when pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Can coughing/sneezing hurt your baby when pregnant?. can coughing/sneezing strangles your baby while pregnant?

Choking when coughing [ 4 Answers ]

My 14month old son has had a cough for a week and a half. It gets so bad that he chokes and has passed out a couple times. He uses an inhaler, I've used vicks, a humidifier, and he's had treatments nothing seems to help. What else should I do?

My dog is coughing and gagging,wheezing and coughing up blood sometimes [ 7 Answers ]

The vet isn't sure what it is. Not grass or obstruction. Until yesterday she was eating, now she isn't interested. Any suggestions as to what this can be? She is on antibiotics.

3 Cats that are sneezing, coughing [ 6 Answers ]

I have 3 cats that are coughing( like they have a hairball), sneezing and 1 has some green mucus when he sneezed recently that I don't know what to do with. My One male cat has gone through it and he is getting better, no more sneezing & coughing but the other 2 are still couching and sneezing and...

Coughing or Sneezing Cat? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old Cat who recently had either a coughing fit or a sneezing fit.. not sure which it is. He has a throaty sound and keeps his mouth closed and you can hear the air coming out his little nose. Sometimes it goes on for a couple of minutes. I feel so helpless watching him. It's...

View more questions Search