Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j2237806 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2014, 12:48 AM
    What do I have?
    Hello. On Saturday, I had intense sex & I believe I squirted. I know he really brushed up close to my urethra. However, 2 days after that I started getting urethra pain. I have to pee very often to alleviate this feeling. I took a UTI test, & it was negative. What do you think it could be? Thanks for your time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2014, 02:53 AM
    Gave urine at a clinic?
    If you really had a test that was negative, then you must have just had some injury to the delicate tissues around your urethra that are sensitizing your urge to pee, and the urine stings. Wash frequently but gently and pat dry and air dry, and maybe have your partner examine you for any sign of swelling and redness that might indicate a skin infection rather than a UTI. And hold off on sex until it's better.
    Jacalyn Libby Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2014, 05:06 PM
    Also drink cranberry juice and lots and lots of water. Go see a doctor if this persists for more than a week.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2014, 05:18 PM
    There's no way to diagnose online. It sounds like a urinary tract infection, but if you went to a doctor and you were tested for a UTI, and don't have one, I have to ask why the doctor didn't run further tests to find out what is causing this issue.

If you didn't go to a doctor to test for a UTI, how did you determine that you don't have one? Some online home test? Those are worthless!

Time to see your doctor.

Aug 7, 2014, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Gave urine at a clinic? (Saying 'took' somehow makes it sound like you tried some home or drugstore test, which isn't possible.)
    If you really had a test that was negative, then you must have just had some injury to the delicate tissues around your urethra that are sensitizing your urge to pee, and the urine stings. Wash frequently but gently and pat dry and air dry, and maybe have your partner examine you for any sign of swelling and redness that might indicate a skin infection rather than a UTI. And hold off on sex until it's better.
    In drug stores, they sell AZO UTI testing strips. Came out negative for both nitrate & white blood cells. I started taking the AZO UTI pain relief, & I'm feeling better.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2014, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j2237806 View Post
    In drug stores, they sell AZO UTI testing strips. Came out negative for both nitrate & white blood cells. I started taking the AZO UTI pain relief, & I'm feeling better.
    Then we can close this thread since your issue is solved. :)

Aug 7, 2014, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Then we can close this thread since your issue is solved. :)
    Let's hope the pain doesn't come back. I don't know why I get so many UTIs. I urinate after sex & drink a lot of water.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 8, 2014, 06:33 AM
    Let's hope the pain doesn't come back. I don't know why I get so many UTIs. I urinate after sex & drink a lot of water.
    Those won't do anything to prevent UTIs. Urine isn't antibacterial. It is essentially sterile when it exits the body but only assuming that you don't have a UTI. What could cause the UTI? You could have unfortunate anatomy that allows the bacteria not to be cleaned away effectively so given the right circumstances they can cause an infection. Your normal flora may not be able to control the invading infection. There are MANY MANY reasons.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2014, 03:45 PM
    The idea behind drinking plenty of water is to increase urination which can flush bacteria. This is why women are told to drink plenty of water and to urinate after sex if they are prone to frequent UTIs. It's actually a good idea for any woman.

A UTI can still be present without symptoms. If you do experience possible symptoms again, see your doctor. While the home tests can work, they are not always accurate.

Ask your doctor about longer term treatment if you are having many UTIs.

Aug 8, 2014, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    The idea behind drinking plenty of water is to increase urination which can flush bacteria. This is why women are told to drink plenty of water and to urinate after sex if they are prone to frequent UTIs. It's actually a good idea for any woman.

A UTI can still be present without symptoms. If you do experience possible symptoms again, see your doctor. While the home tests can work, they are not always accurate.

Ask your doctor about longer term treatment if you are having many UTIs.
    When I would have intercourse with condom, I never got a single UTI, even without peeing after doing it. However, I got the depo shot, & I do it without condoms, & I've had 3 UTIs in 5 months. I now urinate after sex. What I'm thinking is that maybe my boyfriend has a germ or bacteria that doesn't give him any symptoms, & that's why I get so many UTIs. We're going to the doctor. What do you think?
    Jacalyn Libby Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2014, 04:14 PM
    When I would have intercourse with condom, I never got a single UTI, even without peeing after doing it. However, I got the depo shot, & I do it without condoms, & I've had 3 UTIs in 5 months. I now urinate after sex. What I'm thinking is that maybe my boyfriend has a germ or bacteria that doesn't give him any symptoms, & that's why I get so many UTIs. We're going to the doctor. What do you think?
    This is not my question... Don't know what I did wrong, I'm a new member. All I did was to respond to the question. Any idea how to resolve this? I am getting emails galore! Kind of embarrassing, I am 60 and not sexually active at the moment. Thanks for any help and for replying.

Aug 8, 2014, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacalyn Libby View Post
    This is not my question... Don't know what I did wrong, I'm a new member. All I did was to respond to the question. Any idea how to resolve this? I am getting emails galore! Kind of embarrassing, I am 60 and not sexually active at the moment. Thanks for any help and for replying.
    Just turn off notifications when you reply. You have the option on the bottom, I think.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2014, 04:54 PM
    Anytime you have sex without a condom, you will be exposed to some bacteria from your partner along with your own. It's possible that the intense sex causes some irritation to your urethra which may allow more bacteria access. Do you use a douche? This can change the balance so that infection is more likely. Some people are just more prone to them than others.

Aug 8, 2014, 04:55 PM
    Anytime you have sex without a condom, you will be exposed to some bacteria from your partner. It's possible that the intense sex causes some irritation to your urethra which may allow more bacteria access. Do you use a douche? This can change the balance so that infection is more likely. Some people are just more prone to them than others.
    I don't use douches. Thanks for your help. I'm tired of having to take antibiotics almost every month. Can't take this.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2014, 04:57 PM
    It may be a necessary option for awhile. Some people need to be on a low dose antibiotic for an extended period. See what your doctor says.

Aug 9, 2014, 01:31 AM
    It may be a necessary option for awhile. Some people need to be on a low dose antibiotic for an extended period. See what your doctor says.
    Yes, I'm getting an appt. with the doctor Monday. Quick question, can I have protected sex while on treatment for my UTI?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search