Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deathproof4289 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2014, 02:08 AM
    Trying to find cost by watts
    hi names gavin silly question maybe but I'm trying to find the cost of my office air conditioner I have been doing it for work experience and have to find out how much everything is costing in the office by using the sum kwh x time on a day x current kwh price and I'm using energy plugs which tell me exactly how much each item is using but the air conditioner doesn't plug in

phase ~/n
    volts 220/230
    hz 60/50
    ip code ip 20
    input (in) 0.07 kw

these are the details on the unit I have been using the above input amount of watts but my amount just seems to cheap to be right help would be appreciated thanks
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2014, 04:17 AM
    Please check the tag on the unit...
    0.07 kW equals 70 watts... this doesn't look reasonable.
    Also, is this a window unit? Is it the condensing unit outside?
    Split system?
    If this was a split system, that is a condensing unit outside and a cassette inside, then the large load is outside and usually the exterior unit supplies the interior.

Jul 21, 2014, 04:52 AM
    It is a big enough unit for keeping a medical warehouse at certain temperatures it does have a unit on the roof the information I wrote was off the 1 in the warehouse it is stored in the ceiling it weighs 27 kgs I appreciate you writing to me but I'm still lost are you saying I would have to check the other part that's on the roof
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2014, 06:45 AM
    Yes, check the roof mounted unit for it's rating...
    (please use punctuation, it's otherwise difficult to understand)

Jul 21, 2014, 06:49 AM
    OK thanks for the info. Apologies about the typing. Not sure I can get up on the roof but thanks for taking the time to respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find DL Cost, cost of DM, and WIP Inventory [ 2 Answers ]

McAllister, Inc. employs a normal costing system. The following information pertains to the year just ended • Total manufacturing costs were $2,500,000 • Cost of goods manufactured was $2,420,000. • Applied manufacturing overhead was 30 percent of total manufacturing costs. • Manufacturing...

The cost of electric power is 10 cents/kwh using a 300 watts light bulb and two 150 w [ 0 Answers ]

The cost of electric power is 10 cents/kwh using a 300 watts light bulb and two 150 watts television sets. The light bulb operates at an average of 10 hours/day and the 2 television sets operates at an average of 5 hours/day. What will be your electric bill in 1 month.

C. If b represents a fixed cost, what value would represent b? $400 d. Find the cost [ 1 Answers ]

The costs of doing business for a company can be found by adding fixed costs, such as rent, insurance, and wages, and variable costs, which are the costs to purchase the product you are selling. The portion of the company's fixed costs allotted to this product is $400, and the supplier's cost for...

How do you find the direct labor cost and manufacturing overhead cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Requirement 4: If the company treats that part of fringe benefits relating to direct labor as added direct labor cost, how much of Mark's wages and fringe benefits for the week will be allocated to direct labor cost and manufacturing overhead cost? (Omit the "$" sign in your response.) ...

Find Cost of goods sold and ending inventory using.average cost/FIFO/LIFO [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time with the fifo and lifo method... of this question Began with 73 yards @ 23 per yard During the month the company made the following purchases. March 3/4 113 yards @ 27 3/12 81 yards @ 29 3/19 167 yards @ 32 3/25 44 yards @ 35

View more questions Search