Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

May 30, 2014, 02:21 AM
    Facebook problem
    When I try to log onto my Facebook account using Internet explorer I get the following message 'there is a problem with this websites Security Certificate. The S.C. presented by this website was issued for a different website's address." When I try to log on using Google Chrome I get the following message "Cannot log on to the real www.facebook.com. Something is currently interfering with your secure connection too Facebook." I've tried clearing my cache, ran a Norton security scan, ran a scan with Malwarebytes, checked my time and date settings, rebooted my compter, did system restore.. so far nothing has worked. I fear someone may have hacked my FB account, I was on FB this morning, and opened a request from a friend and although I was already signed in I was asked to sign in to see the request, I did and was asked to give a memorable word and was presented with different options. I got a bit suspicious then and closed FB. Now I can't get back on using my computer. I can however access FB on my phone. Sorry this is so longwinded but I've tried to give as much info as I can. Please can anyone help me out here. Thank you
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 31, 2014, 09:04 AM
    Are you typing the address or are you clicking a link?

Jun 4, 2014, 04:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Are you typing the address or are you clicking a link?
    Hi sorry didn't reply before, 'Ask me HD' normally notify me when someone has replied but not this time. I tried both ways, also tried to visit various help websites ran by Facebook, and basically any web site address that includes the word Facebook gives me the same SC problem message. Strange thing is, I did manage to get back on to FB on Monday, then yesterday I was notified I had a request... and foolishly opened it, although I didn't sign in again, and the same thing has happened again. This request was from the Mother of the friend whose request caused my problem at the weekend! I'm not a computer expert at all, but it occurred to me that these 2 people are on each others FB as well as mine. Any advise you can give would be very welcome. Thank you very much for answering.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2014, 06:48 AM
    Try lowering the security level of your Norton for a minute.

Jun 9, 2014, 10:21 PM
    Thank you for trying to help. Someone who knows a lot more about computers than me came and sorted it out for me. Thanks :)

Jun 11, 2014, 12:53 AM
    Hi Marry Smith, thanks for your suggestion, my problem is sorted now. Unfortunately it wasn't quite so simple as that, I couldn't access Facebook at all nor any websites that included the word Facebook to allow me to change my password, they were being blocked because of the Security Certificate. Obviously now I'm back on I've changed all passwords! Thanks again for your interest :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook password problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem with my password. I changed my password and, apparently, have foggoten it. I beg of you if you can please reset my password through my email, (removed). Please. My account name on Facebook is (removed). Please help me. That is my only account. Please please. Thank you

Facebook problem [ 4 Answers ]

All of a sudden, when I am searching for someone on FB instead of getting ten people with the same name, they give me one person's FB page. I don't even know the person. I wrote to FB but they said they don't handle individual problems.

Facebook problem [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden I can't look for anybody. AT the top where I would put someone's name I get a drop down menu that says looking for friends... Looking for... looking for different things but won't let me put in a name. Also I found at the top where my name usually goes and I click to get onto...

Problem logging in to Facebook. [ 2 Answers ]

When I try and log in it, the screen says I'm having a connection problem, when my connection is fine, please help?

View more questions Search