Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2014, 01:38 AM
    Sleeping Disorder? When to see the Doc?
    For the past month I have been experiencing some sleeping issues. Basically at least 5 nights a week I will wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep for a very long time, sometimes to the point where it will be 3am and I will not return back to sleep AT ALL. I try repositioning, I have tried different forms of meditation, for gods sakes I have tried counting sheep and nothing has helped me. This not only disrupts my sleeping schedule, but it also has been affecting my boyfriends sleeping schedule as my continuous restlessness ends up waking him up as well. (luckily he is able to fall back to sleep) It is also affecting how I function during the day as this has made me feel exhausted during the day, and it is very difficult to wake up after I fall asleep. I do not know what the cause of this is as I am not waking up to go to the washroom, and I generally go to bed at the same time each night.

ANYWAYS, I am wondering if perhaps I should visit my doctor about this? I've never had this issue before however I worry if I go in to see my doctor I will not have experienced it enough for him to consider it a problem.
    Any thoughts, advice, and falling asleep techniques is welcome!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 03:01 AM
    Do what most people do when this happens. There are many OTC options available, some herbal, some not. Take a look at what is in your pharmacy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 06:01 AM
    If you are like most of us changes even small ones at work, home, or play can disrupt our normal routines from time to time. Maybe upcoming events can make us restless. Being aware of them allows for adjustments but if it persists then a talk with your doctor can't hurt. I wouldn't panic though, not at this point without some thoughtful looks at what's going on around you, that has made sleeping normally a bit more difficult.

How old are you, and have their been disruptions, or changes in normal routines at work, home, or play? Are you normally active? Has your partners routine changed?
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2014, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How old are you, and have their been disruptions, or changes in normal routines at work, home, or play? Are you normally active? Has your partners routine changed?
    I am 22. Actually I have been quite inactive for awhile as I broke my tibia in early February. I am not in any pain from my leg, but perhaps my inactivity is the cause of my sleeping problem?
    Fortunately I will be able to start walking on my leg again by the end of the week so maybe my sleep will start to improve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a sleeping disorder? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm seventeen, and ever since I was a little kid I've had sleeping problems, mainly including my being tired all the time. I remember in elementary school it got really bad and my doctor suggested that I possibly wasn't getting enough excersize. I don't remember changing anything, but it must've...

Do I have a sleeping disorder? [ 21 Answers ]

Im am so tired these days. Im having problems sleeping at night no matter how tired I am. It doesn't happen every night but at least twice a week. I have to be up Mon - Fri at 7.30am, and some days at work I still feel asleep. I don't believe I have anything on my mind keeping me up, but I...

Name of sleeping disorder [ 1 Answers ]

There is a name to a sleeping disorder that is inherited through the maternal line. Passing from mother to daughter. The sleep cyle is from 7pm to 2 am. It was featured approx. 12 years ago on TV. It showed this particular family living normal lives. I am trying to find the name to this...

View more questions Search