Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshinedoggy Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 05:40 PM
    About my medical records:
    Hello, I am a 42 year old woman with 2 children.

I received my medical records recently, which I asked the desk 3 weeks ago.

I started to read through all my records, then I have some that I can't understand because they were different what my GYN told me.

1. my GYN told me that I don't have endometrial hyperplasia.
    But, in the paper , Endometiral hyperplasia 621.30 at the Active problems.

Gynelogical findings ( after TV utrasound): my endometrium is 3.07cm. My uterus is retroverted and very homegenous,
    ?hyperplasia, some increase in vascluarity. Ovaries are normal.

On the result of my endometrium biopsy,

f.. Multiple fragments of proliferative endometrial tissue, a few fragments of
    f.. endocerival tissue with mild chronic inflammation and focal squamous
    metaplasia.

2. I had a thyroid blood test for hypothyroidism, then my GYN talked to me on the phone that my TF4 is normal, so not hypothyroid.
    But, in the paper, Thyroid Function Tests Nonspecific Abnormal Findings 794.5
    At the Active problems.

T4, Free ( direct) result 1.11 hg/dll Flag Reference Range 0.82-1.77

More than this endometrium problems, I have had pains in my bladder. I have an apppointment for an urologist in December.
    When I looked up for " focal squamous metaplasia", it will occur in bladder,too.

To see an urologist, What should I prepare to have my urologist understand my problems precisely?

And, I am on the low does of birth control pill for a week, which I will try it out for 3months if my wall gets thinner and my symptom relieved before I have a hysterectomy that my GYN suggested.

I asked this same thing in the different category by my mistake, but I'd like to seek more opinions from anyone who would like to help me out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Medical records are confusing because you look at each line as a single issue, not looking at various tests together for a issue or problem.

Also a reading that is outside norms may not be viewed as the problem you are seeing the doctor about, and not in need of review at that point.

The person you should be asking about your records is YOUR doctor, I would even ask why you got a copy, were you in doubt over something ?

If you are going to see other doctor, you get a complete set of records from ALL doctors that you see, you be honest and complete in all problems when talking to new doctor, and you demand enough time to discuss things with them.
    sunshinedoggy Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
    Thank you for your quick response, Fr Chuck.

"I would even ask why you got a copy, were you in doubt over something ?"

Because I wanted to know about my health issue simply.
    When I talked to my GYN, I asked why my wall is thicken. She told me that because of my age who is 42 years old, don't ovulate every month, but estrogen produce and built up into the wall and get thicken. I asked her if I had hyperplasia, then she said, " NO, NO, NO."
    She wrote the note of " hyperplasia", but she clearly said " NO".

Then I got my record, I got confused.

I am not the person who don't believe anybody. My health is very important for my family, also I have no health insurance coverage.

But, I am glad to know about medical records. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about my medical records: [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 42 year old woman with 2 children. I received my medical records recently, which I asked the desk 3 weeks ago. I started to read through all my records, then I have some that I can't understand because they were different what my GYN told me. 1. my GYN told me that I don't...

Release of medical records [ 0 Answers ]

Do I need to wait till tomorrow for the "head nurse" to print out my injury document or can I get it all now

I want my medical records [ 14 Answers ]

Recently ,I found out that after losing my insurance for three years (medicaid) when I went to the doctor(lame description) they had somehow misplaced all my records.Even the lame doctor who I saw said she was aghast about the whole thing.. PLEASE! She was a horrible doctor! Lost my Medicaid...

Medical Records forgery [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a medical practice in medical records and the physician would require us to alter records to prevent any legal action against him. What avenue can I pursue to turn him in for this?

Medical records [ 1 Answers ]

Does HIPPA affect the person to have access to their medical records?

View more questions Search