Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalesho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Hot water tank not heating.
    Well we changed the heating element, and also changed the thermostat on the hot water heater. We checked to make sure both are receiving the right volts, and the resistance is also measuring correctly. We still have no hot water. Why would this be?
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 30, 2013, 04:50 AM
    When changing the element you needed to shut off the water supply. Is the water turned back on?
    kalesho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 05:06 AM
    Yes, the water is turned back on.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2013, 05:36 AM
    Make sure to press the reset button. If you are getting 240 at the element, thermostat is set and water is on, there is no reason for lack of hot water. Are you getting water from the drain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select hot water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water [ 1 Answers ]

Water heater pilot light goes off after heating one tank of water and has to be relite again.

My hot water tank is back pressuring into my cold water tank [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody help me?? I am getting hot water going into my cold water tank, and this is causing water to come out the overflow. If I run the hot water tap it stops, and then when the hot water tank has filled again, the cold water tank overflow starts again.

Replaced a hot water tank,water is not going to the pressure tank-the pump stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you Any ideas will...

Hot water tank not heating water [ 4 Answers ]

I have a rheem power vent, model pvw50. It is 6 years old and suddently I'm left without hot water. I went to check it and the fan keeps on working but there is no flame inside. I opened the lid and I can see the ignitor hot inside, then it seems it wants to kick in but it doesn't and the red...

New hot water tank not heating up [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced an old hot water tank with a new one and now this one won't heat up. I made sure it was full and bled the air but here is my problem. It is connected electrically to a separate breaker box, there is a 4 lead wire coming out and the old tank only used two of the wires so I used the...

View more questions Search