Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Comeandgetme12 Posts: 99, Reputation: -5

Sep 24, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Mild acne question
    I'm Jules and I am 16. I never had acne problems where I broke out like it is until February, the same month and time I started pecking (Kiss of some sort) my boy friend who had break outs. Could I have gotten it from our faces touching? My breakout is just on my chin, its mild I would say. There is usually 2 big-ish ones and little tiny white ones, that you don't notice unless your close and really looking at me. The break out is like 4 millimeters below my lips and goes from one side to the other. It is slightly red there most of the time, probably from me popping the zits. My big question is, is that tonight with my generic facial cleanser (equate AM facial cleanser) instead scrubbing with the palms of my hands I used my electric tooth brush to scrub it. I used it particularly in my break out area. I was thinking it would be like to electric face scrubbers you can buy. There was some discomfort while I was doing it and one of the scabs came off. Was this a good thing or bad? Will it help? & Yes the I have had the same breakout in the same place since February.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 05:36 PM
    No, you didn't get this from that boy. Acne is actually genetic.

Stop using your toothbrush. Toothbrushes are for teeth not skin.

Wash your face frequently with warm, not hot water, make sure you don't touch your face with your fingers. There is a lot of oil on your fingers and you want to keep your face oil free.

Finally, get a good exfoliant. You are at the age where acne usually starts.
    Comeandgetme12 Posts: 99, Reputation: -5

Sep 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    No, you didn't get this from that boy. Acne is actually genetic.

Stop using your toothbrush. Toothbrushes are for teeth not skin.

Wash your face frequently with warm, not hot water, make sure you don't touch your face with your fingers. There is a lot of oil on your fingers and you want to keep your face oil free.

Finally, get a good exfoliant. You are at the age where acne usually starts.
    Thanks for answering. What is exfoliant? & should I get and electric skin cleanser. Also, I have used oxy on the spot treatment once a day and it has one time made my face worse? Why is that? I was told once you shouldn't pop your zits, is this true?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 05:57 PM
    An exfoliant is an abrasive soap that will clean dirt and debris from inside your pores and remove dead skin.

There is no reason to get an electric skin cleanser. That's a waste of money.

I don't know why Oxy made your skin worse, I'm not a dermatologist and I can't see your skin.

No, don't pop your zits. When you do, you cause a break in the skin which allows the possibility of bacteria entering. This can make acne worse or cause an infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mild chest pains for acouple of days,mild numbness in left hand and arn,left leg feel [ 1 Answers ]

Have had mild chest pains for a couple of days.mild nunbness in left hand and arm.left leg is weak and slight blurred vision.what could this be wrong?

Acne Question? Is it anything serious ? [ 2 Answers ]

Acne is appeared one day at my belly. (Im 13 yrs old) Now it is appearing at my shoulders. And soon I think it will be all over my body. And I don't know what it is. It is horrible I want to scratch it! Please what would it be?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Wats the best product for MILD ACNE [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm 14 and out of no where I got this mild acne on my forheead cheeks and chin PLEASE haelp. WAT IS THE BEST ACNE MEDICINE TO GET RID OF ALL OF 'EM:(

View more questions Search