Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johannsson35 Posts: 87, Reputation: 6

Jul 4, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Should I ask her for her number, and how so?
    So while at work on Tuesday, I noticed a girl working at the store three stores down. She was pretty. Long blonde hair, brown eyes, long legs, and she seems nice. She's most likely older than I am; I reckon at least 21-23. At first it was a joke, I told my co workers “wow, she's something. Should get her number." Hours later, I actually want to get to know her. I walked into the store on my lunch break (it's actually one of my favourite stores, and I needed shorts). She happened to be greeting. She asked how I was doing, I told her I was good and just happened to be on my lunch. They had shorts on sale; buy one get one free. I asked her if they happened to have my size, and she said yes; it's the smallest size they carried. I didn't buy any shorts that day, but I did get some today.

When I went back to work; I still had thirty minutes left on my lunch so I sat in the break room and told they other blokes what happened. They said it's good that she spoke to me, I doubt it… that's her job; greet costumers with friendliness. Next thing I know a coworker says he'll pay me $30 if I get her number, and a date. I told him he had a deal. Today, my manager heard about it and in a encouraging way.. told me he'd double the offer for $60 if I got her number and a date. This girl is attractive mind you, good looking and seems really nice, but I doubt she'd go for a bloke like me. I'm a bit of a loser. Plus, she probably already has a boyfriend. And if I were to ask her on a date, and she said no and or that she already has a boyfriend I'd probably never want to shop at that store again. It's one of my favourite stores.

I've got my coworkers pressuring me on it, haha. And $60 sounds nice, but also a date sounds nice as well. I'm 19, single my whole life, and a bit lonely. :3
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 10:08 PM
    That's what you get blabbing to coworkers about your love life. Cut that out, and if you cannot find the courage to ask a female for a date or number then look forward to being alone young guy, and if the fear of rejection stops you or your own insecurity or inexperience, then look forward to staying alone.

So either give it a try even if you fail, or be alone.

Jul 5, 2013, 09:19 PM
    Thanks for your support. I messed up big time, haha. As usual my anxiety kicked in. I went into the store on my lunch break, and that girl wasn't there. I went back to the store I work at and ate some lunch. After I was done I wrote a short note and took it back to the store where she works and gave it to the greeter and asks her if she could possibly give it to her. I know for sure I ed up any, even a tiny chance of this girl saying yes to a date. For one, the note was cliche: “You're pretty and seem nice, I was wondering if you'd possibly want to get some coffee sometime. - Travis (my number)" Not only was the note as, I probably scared/creeped out not only the greeter, but the rest of that store as well when and if she actually gave it to the girl. I feel awful now; not for myself so much but for the girl. I probably startled her. God, I'm such a loser… I reckon I'm bound to be single my whole life.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johannsson35 View Post
    Thanks for your support. I messed up big time, haha. As usual my anxiety kicked in. I went into the store on my lunch break, and that girl wasn’t there. I went back to the store I work at and ate some lunch. After I was done I wrote a short note and took it back to the store where she works and gave it to the greeter and asks her if she could possibly give it to her. I know for sure I ed up any, even a tiny chance of this girl saying yes to a date. For one, the note was cliche: “You’re pretty and seem nice, I was wondering if you’d possibly want to get some coffee sometime. - Travis (my number)" Not only was the note as, I probably scared/creeped out not only the greeter, but the rest of that store as well when and if she actually gave it to the girl. I feel awful now; not for myself so much but for the girl. I probably startled her. God, I’m such a loser… I reckon I’m bound to be single my whole life.
    You can always go back and introduce yourself. My brother in law worked at a store a few doors down from a card shop. He'd see a pretty girl there. Long story, but he went in there a lot and talked to her. They went out for a few years, got married, had two kids, and now have been married almost 30 years. So, you won't know until you go back. She's either interested or not.

Jul 6, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    You can always go back and introduce yourself. My brother in law worked at a store a few doors down from a card shop. He'd see a pretty girl there. Long story, but he went in there a lot and talked to her. They went out for a few years, got married, had two kids, and now have been married almost 30 years. So, you won't know until you go back. She's either interested or not.
    Thanks for the reply. You reckon I still have a chance? That's pretty amazing though... was he older than her, or vice versa? I suppose I could introduce myself but I don't reckon it'd be of any use. I reckon she's already got a boyfriend, and even if she didn't I doubt she'd go for a loser like me. I'm short, skinny, socially awkward and have anxiety issues. Not just that I don't know if she got the letter or not after all, and if she did... she's pretty creeped out and thinks of me as a creeper or weirdo.
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 06:17 PM
    You are good at making excuses not to try. At least act like you have the world at your feet and give it a shot. You should be afraid to fail at anything. But it's a darn shame if you never try.

Screw some courage out of your skinny hide and see what happening.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johannsson35 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. You reckon I still have a chance? That's pretty amazing though... was he older than her, or vice versa? I suppose I could introduce myself but I don't reckon it'd be of any use. I reckon she's already got a boyfriend, and even if she didn't I doubt she'd go for a loser like me. I'm short, skinny, socially awkward and have anxiety issues. Not just that I don't know if she got the letter or not after all, and if she did... she's pretty creeped out and thinks of me as a creeper or weirdo.
    He was a year olderand very skinny. He went in the card shop day after day. It didn't matter what he looked like, although he wasn't anything special. He asked her to go get a soda after work at a fast food restaurant in the same shopping center. It's worth a try. Get the courage to just walk in and say hi. You never know what may happen.
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 07:10 PM
    LOL, if you ask 100 girls for a date and 99 say NO, and one says yes, you still have a date :)

Jul 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    LOL, if you ask 100 girls for a date and 99 say NO, and one says yes, you still have a date :)
    Well, if you put it that way... I might as well just start asking. :3
    Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 03:28 AM
    And that's how you get a date.

Talaniman Rule - Date them all. Fat, short, skinny, or tall, 18 to 80, blind cripple, or crazy.

Jul 14, 2013, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    And that's how you get a date.

Talaniman Rule - Date them all. Fat, short, skinny, or tall, 18 to 80, blind cripple, or crazy.
    Sounds good to me. Thanks mate.
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Jul 15, 2013, 03:29 AM
    Be optimistic and I am sure you will get her/one.

Do not be grateful to all the members here, who helped you with lovely suggestions. Just tick at HELPFUL at their answers!

There is nothing so bad as ingratitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the size of the unit with the model number and the serial number to the Rudd [ 1 Answers ]

What is the size of the unit with the model number and the serial nu Mber to the Rudd

Have a free seeing machine Co. Chicago number 5 serial number c30779 [ 0 Answers ]

Not in workingcondition very dusty, one of the drawers missing a handle. What could it possibly be worth

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a text messege from this number +639103685415. How to trace this number?

A number from 17 to 15 is drawn at random.p(an even number) express the probability a [ 1 Answers ]

a number from 17 to 15 is drawn at random.p(an even number) express the probability as a fraction

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search