Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredfox Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Why do different glucose meters give different results?
    I recently got a new Accu-chek Nano glucose meter and this morning my fasting reading was 101. I immediately took my reading on my old Accu-chek Compact Plus meter and it was 88. This is very confusing. Does anyone else experience this happening?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Have they been calibrated? My husband always "ran" two meters and they were never identical (same as blood pressure cuffs) but they were similar.

Have you tested and then been tested in your Doctor's office to determine which read is correct?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
    My doctor once a year gets the blood collection people to check my meter. It is done when I am going for my 3 month average checks. They get me to bring in my meter do the testing with it and then they record my result. Then they draw the blood for the tests and also test what the sugar level is at that time. That tells my doctor if my meter is functioning correctly or not.
    fredfox Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2013, 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the answers. I am going to have both meters checked. I'd like to only use the Nano because it is so tiny, but if it's going to scare me every time I check my glucose, it will end up giving me a heart attack.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 12:36 AM
    But it gave you a reading of 88. That is perfectly within the limits of normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please answer a question on my homework. DO NOT give results! [ 4 Answers ]

My question is: Do I include in the cash flow the results of the invested $10,000, or only of the 500 shares. I always OVER THINK on these! Here is the problem: On January 2, 19X1, Bruce Greene invested $10,000 in the stock market and purchased 500 shares of Heartland Development, Inc....

Give me a speech on instant success,results at any cost. [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot find it in Google.

What is the speed,in meters per second, of 24 meters in 6 seconds? [ 2 Answers ]

I need help in how to find meters per second

Will this give me good results [ 1 Answers ]

7:00 am - lowfat yogurt 10:00 am - banana 1:00 pm - 20 baby carrots w/lite ranch dip and a serving of orange juice 4:00 pm - strawberries and 3/4 cup lowfat milk 6-7:00 pm - baked chicken and salad 8:00 or 9:00 pm I will use the treadmill for 45 minutes walking at 3.8 mph and run for a minute...

Will this diet plan give me good results? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I just have a question about my diet and exercise plan, I am wondering if you think that it is a healthy one, as well as one that will give me good results. I am an 18 year old female college student, and I only have access to a treadmill; I do not have enough money to join a gym or anything of...

View more questions Search