Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian Croghan Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2007, 08:06 AM
    No Power
    Power out in three bathrooms and hallway. I used my Circuit Tester, plug in, and it shows Hot/Ground Reversed on all of the effected outlets. Switches to the lights and exhaust fans do not come on either. I have pulled the switches and outlets out from the wall boxes and all of them look fine. They all have power to them.
    Any advise will be helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brian
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Go to the breaker box and turn the breakers for those circuits all the way to off and back on. Hit the reset buttons on any GFCI outlets. Please post back with the results.

Mar 31, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Croghan
    Power out in three bathrooms and hallway. I used my Circuit Tester, plug in, and it shows Hot/Ground Reversed on all of the effected outlets. Switches to the lights and exhaust fans do not come on either. I have pulled the switches and outlets out from the wall boxes and all of them look fine. They all have power to them.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brian
    Thanks Labman,

The Breaker box was the first place that I went to. I can turn the breaker off for the Bathrooms which are effected( all on one breaker). Turn the breaker off, shuts all power off. Turn the breaker back on, still no lights or fans working, but I do have current running to switches and outlets, but outlets read HOT/Ground Reversed. GFCI are testing HOT/Ground Reversed also.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Mar 31, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Croghan
    Thanks in advance.
    Brian
    Hey Labman,

Problem solved. Just wanted to say thanks for your feed back. I started pulling switches from the wall boxes and found one of light switches had a loose neutral wire on the back side quick connect. I tightened all connection and turned the breaker back on. POWER BACK to all bathrooms. One break in the line effected the rest.

Brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Single phase power vs. Three Phase Power [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any real difference in efficiency and cost between a single phase air conditioning unit and a three phase unit? Thanks, JPGREEN

No power [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! I was changing a light bulb on my kitchen ceiling light. The type that has (3) flood lights pointed in different directions. After I replaced the bulb, I went to adjust the direction of the lights and the lights flickered when I did this. I paid no attention to it and contiued...

No AC Power [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, The AC in one my rentals would not come on so I checked all the wiring to see if something was loose, it wasn't. I crossed several combinations and when I plugged the blue wire to the Y terminal the system shut off completely. I bought a new heat pump thermostat but once plugged in, it...

View more questions Search